Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > How about a little game of BCG Hot Potato!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I just received the BCG from X-Mark.
Haven't opened the package yet as i'm quite busy at work.
Will keep you guys update before and after my abuse to it.
Planning to shoot it with my SBR this saturday, *fingercrossed* the weather will be kind to me. And i will be shipping it to the next person ASAP next monday.
Thank you

Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Good news, hope you have a great weekend with it!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just an update:
I planned to go shooting and abuse this BCG tomorrow (saturday) but suddenly a family matter turned up.
So my last chance will be this coming monday as i'm off work. This week just been a headache for me as busy at work AND been hunting ammo locally and online.
Then i'll ship it to the next person (kytowboater) ASAP on wednesday morning.
If i have to ship it faster than Priority Mail, i will!

kytowboater can you please PM me your info so i will arrange it's shipment to you, thank you.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #104

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Just an update:
I planned to go shooting and abuse this BCG tomorrow (saturday) but suddenly a family matter turned up.
So my last chance will be this coming monday as i'm off work. This week just been a headache for me as busy at work AND been hunting ammo locally and online.
Then i'll ship it to the next person (kytowboater) ASAP on wednesday morning.
If i have to ship it faster than Priority Mail, i will!

kytowboater can you please PM me your info so i will arrange it's shipment to you, thank you.
Sent! ****** ten words.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here we go..
Opened the FailZero package from X-Mark. He sent me the FailZero BCG, instruction and a blank small notepad.

Inspected the BCG, it's shiny just like Spike's Chromed BCG.
Have you guys seen R-Guns Nickel Boron BCG? I prefer the R-Gun's quality finish. It is Nickel Boron coated and the finish is satin silver.
Sorry i don't have the R-Guns BCG with me right now, so no pic to show.

Anyway the spec of FailZero BCG as shown in Roctac.com:
http://www.rogtac.com/fail-zero-bcg.html

Side by side with my Noveske BCG.

FailZero Bolt Face close up pic. Sorry kinda blurry

The Bolt

I disassembled the BCG and cleaned it. It was a little bit dirty, maybe it was coated with grease. As you can see the dark stains on my fingers.
Cleaned it throughly with Break Free and Hoppes #9. And lubed it with Mobil1 Full Synthetic 5-30W motor oil. Those 3 chemicals which i always use to clean and lube my firearms. Work great all the time.

When i was about to drop the firing pin back in, i felt i didn't drop free fully. It stucked. Then i inspected it closely and found out the firing pin isn't straight, it's bent. Here is the pic..

Do you guys notice that? Know what i mean?

So i did try t force it in, It need some force to push it in. So my conclusion is, this firing pin definitely will cause FTE/FTF. As i have no spare firing pin, i will be using my Noveske firing pin inside the FailZero BCG.
I am not going to test it with bent firing pin. Not going to risk or ruin my day.
By the way here is the pic comparison between the FailZero (Left) and my Noveske's (Right). As you can see from the quality finish, the Noveske is more shinier and smoother finish.

I apologize for doing this inspection on the last minute. As tomorrow (monday) is the day i will abuse this BCG. I had been busy at work and busy hunting for ammo too .
Couldn't get any new ammo so i will be using some of my old ammo. Not much but the abuse will be 200-300 rounds. I will make a full detail report tomorrow.
I will also bring my Noveske BCG for my backup.

To be continued..

Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #106
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 76 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Here we go..
Opened the FailZero package from X-Mark. He sent me the FailZero BCG, instruction and a blank small notepad.

Inspected the BCG, it's shiny just like Spike's Chromed BCG.
Have you guys seen R-Guns Nickel Boron BCG? I prefer the R-Gun's quality finish. It is Nickel Boron coated and the finish is satin silver.
Sorry i don't have the R-Guns BCG with me right now, so no pic to show.

Anyway the spec of FailZero BCG as shown in Roctac.com:
http://www.rogtac.com/fail-zero-bcg.html

Side by side with my Noveske BCG.

FailZero Bolt Face close up pic. Sorry kinda blurry

The Bolt

I disassembled the BCG and cleaned it. It was a little bit dirty, maybe it was coated with grease. As you can see the dark stains on my fingers.
Cleaned it throughly with Break Free and Hoppes #9. And lubed it with Mobil1 Full Synthetic 5-30W motor oil. Those 3 chemicals which i always use to clean and lube my firearms. Work great all the time.

When i was about to drop the firing pin back in, i felt i didn't drop free fully. It stucked. Then i inspected it closely and found out the firing pin isn't straight, it's bent. Here is the pic..

Do you guys notice that? Know what i mean?

So i did try t force it in, It need some force to push it in. So my conclusion is, this firing pin definitely will cause FTE/FTF. As i have no spare firing pin, i will be using my Noveske firing pin inside the FailZero BCG.
I am not going to test it with bent firing pin. Not going to risk or ruin my day.
By the way here is the pic comparison between the FailZero (Left) and my Noveske's (Right). As you can see from the quality finish, the Noveske is more shinier and smoother finish.

I apologize for doing this inspection on the last minute. As tomorrow (monday) is the day i will abuse this BCG. I had been busy at work and busy hunting for ammo too .
Couldn't get any new ammo so i will be using some of my old ammo. Not much but the abuse will be 200-300 rounds. I will make a full detail report tomorrow.
I will also bring my Noveske BCG for my backup.

To be continued..
How has your noveske BCG performed, if you don't mind me asking? Any issues? Just asking cuz I have one myself but haven't put any rounds thru it yet. Thanks

Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #107

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 925

Thanks for the initial report, OK. Very informative. Good catch on the firing pin! Interesting both fancy BCGs have had firing pin issues. All that finishing work that went into the bolt and carrier, then they both ended up dropping the ball with defective firing pins. You'd think assemblers would be told to roll the firing pin on a hard flat surface to check straightness.

Oh well, disappointing start again. Looking forward to your second report. I have seen both finishes on firing pins and wondered about the quality and hardness of the dull ones. My DD and BCMs are like your Noveske. Recently saw a dull one in a BM. I compared it to a BCM and thought to myself the BM looked and felt cheaper and lighter. Wish I'd had a scale at the time. Can you weigh them?

FailZero? FailOne...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 12-24-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi View Post

How has your noveske BCG performed, if you don't mind me asking? Any issues? Just asking cuz I have one myself but haven't put any rounds thru it yet. Thanks
Since i got it, registered it as AR pistol, i only shot 180 rounds through it. Just to check it functioned properly and it did, flawless. 180 rounds, i could say in mag dumps way.
You will love your Noveske BCG for sure. I really wish at least it has Noveske's cross logo on it rather than plain.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #109
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 76 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:

I really wish at least it has Noveske's cross logo on it rather than plain.
Good to hear! Yes I agree totally....if Noveske had their logo on it I prob would be less inclined to purchase a bcm bcg. I still want a back up though. Thanks for the info and merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just a quick update: Bad news!!
I just got back from the range and i'll brief u guys later on. Wifey was kinda pissed off as i was gone for hours. Lol. Also getting ready to the Church.
Merry Xmas everyone!!