How about a little game of BCG Hot Potato! - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > How about a little game of BCG Hot Potato!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
... A little time record keeping and some thoughts and playing with the assembly before hand and after shooting is all it needed of it was up and running. Honestly i was expecting it to be boring reliable.

It should have invisible. Our shoot should have ben focused on my firends new optics, and zeroing it and breaking in the barrel. Hey thats what we were there to do in the first place. So we where planning on going through some ammo regardless. But it turned out we focused on that bcg and trying to getit to run properly...

I was hoping we could have gone thrrough a couple hundred rounds with no incident and then see if that fancy coating held up. But meh, i guess we just werent that lucky.
Yeah, I also expected the BR BCG would plug in and be reliable. Invisible, as you say, to the real testing you guys were out for. None of us were expecting this.

Oh well, the best laid schemes ... don't always get you laid. Or however that old poem went.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

AgentTikki Likes This 
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #92

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1914

Thanks for the offer Q, but we did volunteer. I'm excited to get it and dirty it up. I was thinking about a coated BCG for my next build, so I'm gonna be extra critical.

My only question now is 6.8mm or .300 Blackout??

Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #93

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
Thanks for the offer Q, but we did volunteer. I'm excited to get it and dirty it up. I was thinking about a coated BCG for my next build, so I'm gonna be extra critical.

My only question now is 6.8mm or .300 Blackout??
Ok, and in your case that makes sense. It would be great to test one out before buying!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Ok, and in your case that makes sense. It would be great to test one out before buying!
Exactly! That's why I'm so excited

Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #95
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey guys...so as you all know, the BCG on hand turned out to be problematic for AgentTikki. It's no fun to go to the range to help a buddy out with his new rifle when you end up spending most of the time troubleshooting your own. I will be checking in with BRO tomorrow about this BCG. I am all out of BRO BCGs myself, so I am unable to swap this one for another BRO, at this moment...unless BRO has one on hand that they can swap out. The main thing is the timing with the scheduled shoots coming up with you guys. If I am unable to get a replacement BRO BCG by AgentTikki's next shoot, I have another BCG from a different manufacturer that I can pass around. We'll get this hot potato going soon enough...lol!

We've got Quentin suggesting and offering to contribute to those participating and then we have the participants willing to participate on their own dime...That shows we have a fine group of selfless gentlemen here! Makes me willing to offer more toys for all to try in the future

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

People Like This 
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #96

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Forecast for the high desert is freezing rain for the next couple days, with a 20% chance of rain on my shoot day. I'm canceling my shoot. Running and Gunning in the mud and rain/snow doesn't seem appealing to me. Setting up, and even 4x4ing in the mud just really doesn't sound like my idea of a good day. I've contacted X and he's subbing me out, I will have another day planned for next month. I'll try an sneak back in as soon as I can.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #97
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey guys...

So I am going to be contacting Okdonk shortly and will be sending him a Fail Zero BCG soon. I do not have any more BRO BCGs in stock and until I get a replacement for the defective one, we will just use the Fail Zero...maybe use the Fail Zero exclusively.

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark
Hey guys...

So I am going to be contacting Okdonk shortly and will be sending him a Fail Zero BCG soon. I do not have any more BRO BCGs in stock and until I get a replacement for the defective one, we will just use the Fail Zero...maybe use the Fail Zero exclusively.
Sounds good to me!!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #99

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Thanks again X for the opportunity. Your awesome!

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Thanks again X for the opportunity. Your awesome!
Agreed! It's awesome to be a part of this, and to see a dealer that does this.