Hornady Zombie Max Ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Hornady Zombie Max Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativH
I don't know if you will ever see this on the shelf. I had mine on order with Midwest for about 3 months or more before the call came that it was in. Heck yeah I still wanted it. Will I ever shoot it?
Lol I walked into Academy and bought some for my .45, there were at least 10 boxes left.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So it's just a sort of fast run thing....... a novelty-based deal that is lighthearted and really aimed at folks buying a few boxes as a collectible item perhaps, a conversation piece sort of thing? Like Coke, Pepsi and others might do during seasonal promotions etc?

Or do you think this is a packaging that will last a while?

I don't know Hornady's past with this sort of thing......and yeah I think the idea is great.... it's funny and kinda goes hand in hand with the zombie targets available.

I 'spose I am just being overly sensitive because everything I read from the NRA, Frontsight and other sources is how this administration is gearing up to nail our gun rights. For example Fast & Furious was all about gun control, with almost nothing to do with busting drug cartels... according to many.

So I was just wondering about it from a image POV ......y'know, with all the character assassination, personal attacks and any other way to destroy the opposition that this administration seems to be engaged in. Really dirty pool being played right now......it always is, but it seems worse than I have ever seen.

But you know...... based on what you guys are saying and in looking at it with more of an open mind, I'm almost ready to applaud Hornady. In the sense that they are not actively seeking transparency, hiding behind walls of legal political correctness etc....it's in your face and like "yup, here we are, shooting is meant to be fun and enjoyable so what's the problem exactly?"

I am watching the live feed of the Fast & Furious hearing......friggen Maxine Waters just launched her questions.......now Mr Hank Johnson from Georgia is talking about the (loose quote) "loophole in our gun control laws so big you could fly a space shuttle through it........in that there are 1000's of gun shows around the country that sell 1000's of firearms to ANYONE...... unknown numbers of unknown gun owners selling unknown numbers of weapons to unknown individuals........ now he just said "the NRA and other 2nd Amendment radicals..."

This is why we have to be so careful....... there are so many idiots in positions of power.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #13

Likes Given: 13

granted i dont subscribe to the whole zombie thing but some do. i find it humerous check out the CDC they even have a section to cover it Zombie Task Force | CDC Foundation

Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhill
granted i dont subscribe to the whole zombie thing but some do. i find it humerous check out the CDC they even have a section to cover it Zombie Task Force | CDC Foundation
You know that's not the actual CDC right?
Still kinda funny though

We're all goin' to hell and I'm drivin' the bus.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Somewhere I heard that FEMA is embracing the "zombie invasion" as a good way of teaching preparedness. If you think about it it makes sense.

I used to think it was stupid and only for those kids that got bored w/ WOW, but it really is kinda fun.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."