Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > A hint of what is to come.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #41
10-32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Combination of cosmetic features relative to the original awb. Yet gang members in the area still carry illegal firearms.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #42

Liked 977 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 1770

efffective range claims 150 m , as far as muzzle climb the action moves downward instead of back , I had it apart tonight cleaning the factory goo off the guts , very very simple and I must say the way the bolt moves downward is a very very ingenious idea .very smooth action , seems pretty solid for having alot of poly on it , stock is good and solid when locked in , 4 pins pull out to take it apart and disassemble it , most claim that it will shoot basically any type of FMJ , HP and HD rounds . The trigger is a big different and it wasnt very smooth at first , some of this was the factory goo that was slathered in the hammer but I gave it about 400+ dry fires with just the trigger system and it cleaned up and smoothed out alot . Im not going to get it out til the aimpoint shows up next week as .45 seems to be on the short also .
I do like how light it is 5.8# and very very well balanced , I added the vert grip and lengthened the rear stock a tad to fit me better .It also came with a damn nice set of the new design diamond head flip up sights . 30 rd mags hold about 25 unless you have a loader to load them , Im sure the springs will loosen up after a while , I do like the fact they use glock mags and not some proprietary mag as they are readily available . I will do a write up on it once I get it out , but from my readings guys are claiming its dead nuts accurate at 50 yards . its pretty compact with the stock folded up ,
I will play with this for a while but I think its going to wind up a SBR

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-20-2013 at 01:05 AM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #43
10-32

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
efffective range claims 150 m , as far as muzzle climb the action moves downward instead of back , I had it apart tonight cleaning the factory goo off the guts , very very simple and I must say the way the bolt moves downward is a very very ingenious idea .very smooth action , seems pretty solid for having alot of poly on it , stock is good and solid when locked in , 4 pins pull out to take it apart and disassemble it , most claim that it will shoot basically any type of FMJ , HP and HD rounds . The trigger is a big different and it wasnt very smooth at first , some of this was the factory goo that was slathered in the hammer but I gave it about 400+ dry fires with just the trigger system and it cleaned up and smoothed out alot . Im not going to get it out til the aimpoint shows up next week as .45 seems to be on the short also .
I do like how light it is 5.8# and very very well balanced , I added the vert grip and lengthened the rear stock a tad to fit me better .It also came with a damn nice set of the new design diamond head flip up sights . 30 rd mags hold about 25 unless you have a loader to load them , Im sure the springs will loosen up after a while , I do like the fact they use glock mags and not some proprietary mag as they are readily available . I will do a write up on it once I get it out , but from my readings guys are claiming its dead nuts accurate at 50 yards . its pretty compact with the stock folded up ,
I will play with this for a while but I think its going to wind up a SBR
I must say congrats. I thought I was the only one around with enough of a compulsory requirement to have to pull a new gun apart to attack a "$3k" gun. Lol
Boy my boss was pissed, sure helped in selling the gun though.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
The kriss is a fantastic entry weapon. Beats the AR all day long. Low recoil, slow moving,large caliber bullet, cold tracer rounds. Tough to beat.
I dont know about this because its pretty hard to beat a SBR AR for CQB , but it is supposed to have no more than 2 degree muzzle rise and about 60% less recoil than a AR which isnt much to begin with . yes its a larger caliber bullet , theres alot of lead there and it has some serious punch , it is pretty light and in SBR form yes it would be the better CQ gun , the AR is just so much more versatilewith so many more options . its a specialty gun just like a SBR though . All I know is my kids are gonna be set one of these days when this ol body gives up . The best part is they are both very active shooters and both pretty good . My oldest 15 has his heart set on going to the Marine Corps and of all things wants to be a sniper . I told him he is gonna have to get a little more proficient if thats what he truly wants to do . Practice, practice, practice and more practice

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-20-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #45

I haven't shot a .45 in years and I own a .40 , boy I sure didnt think there was that much difference between the .40 and .45 in size comparison . Man was I wrong . LOL

Old 01-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #46
10-32

Quote:
I haven't shot a .45 in years and I own a .40 , boy I sure didnt think there was that much difference between the .40 and .45 in size comparison . Man was I wrong . LOL
Honestly is been a while since I shot a .45. I'm used to 10mm.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #47

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

I will say that the compactness of it, the large caliber and the rate of fire may make it more suitable for CQB than an AR. I saw one of the weapons shows on History and they had this firearm featured ... it sure looked easy to maneuver through hallways and into room s with

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 AM   #48

yes and in SBR form it is very very compact . Wish they would have stayed with the lifetime warranty though , its only a 2 yr warranty , but I have been told they will still take care of it if there is a non abusive problem even after the warranty is long gone and even if your not the original owner

Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #49

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
yes and in SBR form it is very very compact . Wish they would have stayed with the lifetime warranty though , its only a 2 yr warranty , but I have been told they will still take care of it if there is a non abusive problem even after the warranty is long gone and even if your not the original owner
does it have a lot of internal parts? When I bought my first handgun the only familiarity I had with any handgun was the 1911 ... lots of parts. When I disassembled the Storm and had it on the counter it was like 4 ... 5 parts total ... I LOL'd I do like the lifetime warranty but if there are not a lot of parts or the product is robust I wouldn't fret it

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #50
10-32

The kriss is a good investment guaranteed. It is ahead of its time.