Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   High Standard AR's (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/high-standard-ars-75241/)

robocop10mm 10-28-2012 08:16 PM

High Standard AR's

I happened upon High Standard's web site. They are local for me and are making (among other things) AR's. I have been in the market for a 9mm AR for some time and they are one of the few that actually catalog them.

Anyone have any experience with their AR's?

bamashooter68 11-02-2012 09:48 AM

My nephew owns one and he loves it. Ive shot it and its a good rifle. He is also a resident of Texas. High Standard semi auto .22lr pistols are some of the finest ever made.

robocop10mm 11-02-2012 10:06 PM

I just got a price quote from their Individual Officer Sales person. OMG! I will own one soon. I just have to work out if I am going to pick it up at the factory or have it shipped. Since the factory is only a few miles from my mom's house, I guess momma needs a visit!

LongBaller71 11-02-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I just got a price quote from their Individual Officer Sales person. OMG! I will own one soon. I just have to work out if I am going to pick it up at the factory or have it shipped. Since the factory is only a few miles from my mom's house, I guess momma needs a visit!

Sounds good! Post up pics and a range report when you can. I would be very interested to hear that price, too!!

robocop10mm 11-15-2012 09:32 PM

Well, I did it. Yesterday I drove to Houston and stopped by the High Standard factory. Met the owner and the staff. Super nice and accomodating. Got the "50 cent tour". They put together my rifle and test fired it. I went out back and test fired it myself. I will post pics and range report soon.

AgentTikki 11-15-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 999602)

I'm guessing thats was probably the world shortest visit.........

robocop10mm 11-16-2012 04:15 AM

There is always something that needs attention at mom's house. Got my gun and a big load of peanut butter cookies!

Garadex 11-16-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 1016022)
I'm guessing thats was probably the world shortest visit.........

I'm going to assume it went like this: Hi mom, hey can I have some of your cookies. Thanks love you bye.

robocop10mm 11-16-2012 05:23 AM

Not exactly. She knows they are my favorite and made a freaking HUGE batch knowing I was coming over. I was actually surprised when she started packing them in a big tin for me to take home.

robocop10mm 12-11-2012 12:08 AM

Got to play with the 9mm AR. Ran a variety of ammo including HP (commercial and handloads), FMJ and hard cast handloads (both round nose and round flat nose 125's), 115, 124 and 147 gr jacketed. Hiccupped a little on some plated HP's at first, but settled in nicely. After about 100 rds, it ate anything and everything. Accuracy was fine. All who shot it were able to dance soda cans at 50 yards.

I did swap out the "as issued" standard 3 oz carbine buffer with a 6 oz buffer made for the 9mm. It seemed a little silly to put the light weight buffer in a blow back gun. I also installed a Sprinco "red" buffer spring per Alan's recommendation. It looks like I've got a keeper at a budget price.