Here I go!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Here I go!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Here I go!

Well im building my first AR, and i just got my PSA 49.99 lower today. While i was sleeping my dad (who doesnt know much about guns) got up, went to shooters world, did all the paperwork and paid for the FFL transfer. Anyways, here are some pics, its nothing special but im going to be using this thread as my build thread. Anyways now im looking for a good LPK and im leaning towards this - MOE Lower build kit -

Anyways if you have any ideas on LPKs let me know

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #2

Glad to see you aren't thinking of psa's build kits. A guy I k ow bought one. They gave him a whole 60 days worth of warranty. That's not exactly standing behind your product to me.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I used a Del-ton kit and a Del-ton upper on a Surplus Ammo & Arms lower, came out great.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 AM   #4

If you are looking for a quality LPK my recommendation is to look at Spikes or Daniel Defense...just my two cents.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Most of mine i've just used a basic LPK from DPMS and havn't had any issues, my friend uses pin buffers as he calls them, basically a nickle tube he puts inside the trigger pieces with some grease, they are thin but he says they make the trigger action on the basics more smooth. He's a machinist and makes his own though so I don't know if you could find some to add to a basic kit.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:29 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I used a DPMS LPK and the pins walk out will fireing. I have installed a higher quality
LPK and the problem stopped.

From all the info I have been able to find, most from sites visited primarily by guys who make a living w/ an AR, give PSA a thumbs up. I tend to trust these people.

I wouldn't hesitate to use PSA parts on a build.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I guess i've been lucky then with the DPMS, but I've only built 2 for myself with them, 1 was sold, 3rd in progress. I never had an issue..but they were pretty tight going in and I didn't really ever mag dump and even the one I sold probably only had 500 rounds through it total, the 1 I still have has even less cause it's a 6.8 and I don't shoot it much. I got rid of my first one because it was just a plain jane dpms kit I'd put together myself and I wanted to get fancy with it but didn't really want to upgrade, some people like tearing it down and replacing crap, not me I'd rather build new than replace old parts.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #8

Well i have been told to stay away from DPMS and being a jobless 15 year old, i dont want to have to buy two LPKs xD So im probably gonna go with a PSA, thanks for the input though! Will update with more pics after i put in the LPK (will probably be a little while, like 20$ short)

Old 09-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'd rather not depend on luck when spending my money. To much negative info out there on certain brands and to many highly respected brands to take chances.

I have to keep my AR spending low key which requires a "buy once, buy known quality" type of approach. The wife frowns on spending money on firearms. She thinks one handgun is enough.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetics View Post
Well i have been told to stay away from DPMS and being a jobless 15 year old, i dont want to have to buy two LPKs xD So im probably gonna go with a PSA, thanks for the input though! Will update with more pics after i put in the LPK (will probably be a little while, like 20$ short)
I wish I was an unemployed 15y/o sometimes