here goes nothing, first ar and i decided to build - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > here goes nothing, first ar and i decided to build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

has anyone heard of the hellfire trigger for the ars? i was talk to my ar buddie and he has one and said it kicks ass!

Old 03-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by remington7mm View Post
has anyone heard of the hellfire trigger for the ars? i was talk to my ar buddie and he has one and said it kicks ass!
Are you serious? Its not quite April 1st yet

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #33

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
It's perfect if all you want to do is impress the Ninjas and look good spraying lead at paper targets. If you actually intend to hit something save your money or spend it on a good part.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

Remington,

Jpyle absolutely correct. Unless you just want to spend money and go through ammunition for fun. You know the cool factor and the Chicks Dig It! The Hellfire is not of any use. It is a unit that fits on the trigger guard which also has a spring that fits in behind the trigger that just causes your finger to literally bounce back and forth pulling the trigger when it happens.
Not to mention that whether people realize it or not the biggest enemy to the Throat area of a rifle is exposure to rapid fire and prolonged periods of rapid fire building up heat in the chamber area of the weapons throat. An example a select fire weapons barrel will need replaced generally much quicker than the normal semi-auto barrel due to the heat factor. Secondly I love to shoot but I can not afford just to blow rounds down range just for fun and just spraying and praying so to speak. You can also go online and see a video I believe on YouTube of a Hellfire in operation. Thirdly, as Jpyle stated I would rather spend my money on something purposeful for my new rifle.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #35

Liked 1018 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Excellent advice above. Much smarter and cheaper to watch the youtube vids to get your FA kicks or buy the latest video game. Learn to use your rifle the way it was intended to use. Even soldiers use SA mode a lot. Nobody with any brains continuously dumps that much ammo through their rifle unless they're in a fight to the death.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #36

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Excellent advice above. Much smarter and cheaper to watch the youtube vids to get your FA kicks or buy the latest video game. Learn to use your rifle the way it was intended to use. Even soldiers use SA mode a lot. Nobody with any brains continuously dumps that much ammo through their rifle unless they're in a fight to the death.
In fact we were taught to use SA over FA in my Infantry unit, and even in basic. Burst is a great alternative. FA should be left for suppression weapons such as the 240 and 249. I would however like a full auto Saiga 12gauge for clearing weeds in the wifes garden.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #37

cool well thats a mod not to get then, thanks for the advise i was jst wondering what its pourpose is and obviously not one i was looking for. thanks guys.

the gas system i havent found alot about and it was wondering what the different types were and how they work. can some one break it down for me that has a good explantation?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #38

is there anything wrong with this bolt and carrier assembley? ADDAX MIL-SPEC FA-M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP - Addax Inc

im not all that sure what to look for in a bolt and carrier, but i want to build a good rifel and the fireing components are going to be important and dont wanna cheap out there!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #39

Quote:
is there anything wrong with this bolt and carrier assembley? ADDAX MIL-SPEC FA-M16 BOLT CARRIER GROUP - Addax Inc

im not all that sure what to look for in a bolt and carrier, but i want to build a good rifel and the fireing components are going to be important and dont wanna cheap out there!
I was interested in the comment at the bottom of the page..."Usually ships in 20 days" WTF??????? Surely that is a typo.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #40

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

From the specs given it appears to be a great BCG. You can email and ask him who makes it.