Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Hera Arms 15th Dynamic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/hera-arms-15th-dynamic-89676/)

Jagermeister 04-27-2013 05:02 PM

Hera Arms 15th Dynamic

10 Attachment(s)
This is my German engineered Hera Arms 15th Dynamic piston AR15. It has been tuned and colored to my specifications by their codesigner Pro Tuning. I really wanted a more silver grey color then the standard tan or black. I think it makes the gun more futuristic and mean. The gun is quite light and I feel more flexible in target acquisition. I tried both the Sig and HK, but this rifle really felt more comfortable and met my needs the most. For example, ambidextrous safety and much lighter and crisp trigger pull. I am going to post another thread on my range experience today. The magazines are PMAGS. I have one in 20 rounds and one in 2 rounds (hunting regulations). The furniture is made by Magpul. I bought the military standard Eotech XPS 3-2. I have ordered iron sights for cowitness from the lgs, but they will not arrive for a few weeks.
This is from their website:
Upper Systems:

All Upper Systems are provided with a complete Bolt-Carrier-Group and ESS-Germany barrels. Depending on the specific model our Bolt-Carrier-Groups are Duralloy Chromed which is providing a 20% harder surface than usual Chrome, as well as a lower friction rate even when not lubricated.
In combination with our IRS Handguard System and the Hera extended barrel nut, all Upper Systems providing a full-lenght top rail without interruption.
As a Standard Hera is using heat treated, stress relieved and button rifled ESS-Germany Barrels. In combination with nitro carburization the barrels provide highest quality, longer durabilitiy against uncoated barrels and a rock hard surface. Nitro carburized barrels are suitable for extreme stress but will need a break in time of approximately 500 shots to reach their highest precision.

MisterMcCool 04-27-2013 05:24 PM

Good looking gun. I like the color.

SSGN_Doc 04-27-2013 05:37 PM

Nice looking stick.

That shell deflector/fwd assist housing looks beefy.

1911love 04-27-2013 06:56 PM

I agree Doc. That weapon is sharp looking. Congrats again Jager!

bluez 04-28-2013 04:19 AM

is there any chance you cna bring this fine german gun back to the states when you come back?

Jagermeister 04-28-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1229714)
is there any chance you cna bring this fine german gun back to the states when you come back?

I do not think so. I would have had to buy in the States, and have proof that it was purchased. (i. e. receipt) The U.S. will not allow a foreign bought "assault rifle" into the country. You need a special license. I am not expecting to return though.

purehavoc 04-28-2013 11:58 AM

Very nice, now get out there and enjoy it :D

Axxe55 04-28-2013 01:24 PM

very nice looking rifle Jager! i too like the color. it's different from the rest.

nosaj 04-28-2013 01:58 PM

Great looking rifle!! Love the monolithic look of the quad rail. What is the design of the dust cover...the front corner appears to be bent

Jagermeister 05-11-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosaj (Post 1229967)
Great looking rifle!! Love the monolithic look of the quad rail. What is the design of the dust cover...the front corner appears to be bent

Good eye. I bought the rifle knowing about the bent. We believe that an intern gunsmith had the dust cover open when inspecting after delivery and bent the cover on the lower. Must have forced down pretty hard without realizing what he was doing, because the cover is high quality material. The part was ordered and I got a box of 140 rounds for my troubles. So, not the fault of Hera Arms. This gun is awesome and I think high price was worth it.