Help a young person learn to shoot.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Help a young person learn to shoot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help a young person learn to shoot.

My 12 YO Grandson was here over the Christmas Holidays, and of course one of the things he wants to do is go down to my shooting range and shoot up all my ammo. That's what Grandpa's are for, right? This time I decided he was old enough, and schooled enough, to shoot some of my guns he's never had the opportunity to use. As this is an AR forum, and he's shooting my Colt, I thought I'd post a picture of a kid having FUN! We need to get our kids, Grandkids, and even the neighbors kids involved in the shooting sport. They love it, and there will be one less 'anti' in this world. Edited to say that the date on my camera was not set correctly.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Bob- my grandkids love to go shooting with Gramps- if you have been around here a spell, you have heard me bragging about the Anarchist-in-Training (youngest granddaughter, now 13, going on 26) Glad to see you got "Eyes and Ears" on the young'un- I wind up giving away a bunch of foam plugs to kids that are at the range with their folks, but no plugs/muffs. Looks like he is having a ball.

For the rest of you- take a kid shooting and fishing. Go borrow a kid if you need to. They will love it, and before you know if, they will be a registered voter. Three of MY grandkids are.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:13 AM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have started to take some of my daughters friends to the range when we go.

Ah yes, teaching young ladies how to shoot.

I am noble!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello