Help me the newb is overwhelmed.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Help me the newb is overwhelmed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help me the newb is overwhelmed.

I have alot of experience with firearms mainly hunting firearms nothing complicated mainly bolt action guns I grew up shooting remington 788 there was nothing complicated about it. I have recently ventured into the world of tactical rifles the first hour of reading about ehm my brain felt like it was going to explode. So much stuff to take in at once. So many lmt snobs so many colt snobs they just thought everything that wasn't there brand shouldn't be a AR. So truth be told I don't couldn't get any information so i have around 900 dollars tops to spend I looked into rra,stag,dpms and oly some one please help me out I am trying to learn.
Thanks Aaron.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2010, 03:40 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Aaron! You're in the right place. someone will be along to give you some advise soon. If it were me I'd hit up slowryde45 or moshpit and build an AR, Oh....look at this thread http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/first-ar-15-build-here-i-go-28708/

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Aaron - The first thing I would recommend is to read the threads that are stickied to the top of this sub forum. There is a TON of information in there all about the AR platform and it will help you cut through some of the fog.

After you read a few of the threads, come back and ask more specific questions. Believe, you will have them.

At the end of the day, with $900 to spend, you can build a great lower, buy a very good upper and have one hell of a good rifle.

JD

Old 06-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

This may be of interest. Just stumbled onto it surfing the net

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #5

I decided I am going to build a AR I hoping this will teach something.