Help Me Bulid An AR - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Help Me Bulid An AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
Are there any uppers that can be bought without the front sight from other manufacturers?
I think Daniel defense, stag arms and YHM do.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #22

Liked 1150 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 2040

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Havoc, I'd love to know how you did those for less than $800.
PSA stripped lower $49 16" PSA Rifle kit MOE $529 Primary arms microdot with QR mount $138 , $52 Magpul BUIS , AFG w/ rail $36 so Yeah I got a hair over
$800 and $13 Pmag making my total $827

Bottom pic $599 16" PSA carbine w/ free PMag , MOE plus grip $29 , MOE handguard $25
Scope rings $26, Bushnell 3-9X40 scope $119 Total $798

Keep in mind PSA along with a few others have raised their pricing since December making all this stuff a little bit higher in price

Last edited by purehavoc; 03-13-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Are there any uppers that can be bought without the front sight from other manufacturers?
There are quite a few available. I think most of us have mentioned PSA because it is probably the best option in your price range.

Noveske and Daniel Defense both offer a pinned low profile gas block option but you're looking at spending your whole budget on the upper alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #24

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

There are quite a few available. I think most of us have mentioned PSA because it is probably the best option in your price range.

Noveske and Daniel Defense both offer a pinned low profile gas block option but you're looking at spending your whole budget on the upper alone.
Didn't see any PSA uppers without a front sight. But I was doing some looking and I understand it's possible to remove the pins from the front sight and replacing it with a low profile gas block that can be covered with the handguard. Is this correct?

If so, which of the uppers on the PSA site should I be considering? I dont know the difference between them.

Here is another photo of what I'd like to end up with, design wise. No front sight and a handguard that covers the gas block.
image-142438599.jpg  

Last edited by Olympus; 03-13-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #25

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Not trying to hijack the thread, but with the front site, is it really an issue when a scope will sit higher?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Didn't see any PSA uppers without a front sight. But I was doing some looking and I understand it's possible to remove the pins from the front sight and replacing it with a low profile gas block that can be covered with the handguard. Is this correct?

If so, which of the uppers on the PSA site should I be considering? I dont know the difference between them.

Here is another photo of what I'd like to end up with, design wise. No front sight and a handguard that covers the gas block.
Go onto the PSA sight and click on a upper you like. Find the drop down windows and locate the one that says, handguards. Click it and you'll see all the handguard/rail options they offer. Select the one you want. They are basiclly made to order.

I know exactly what you're looking for. All but one of mine is set-up just like that.

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread, but with the front site, is it really an issue when a scope will sit higher?
The FSP isn't noticable through an optic. I forge]ot the science behind it but it ghosts.

Quote:

Old 03-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #28

You can get a low profile scope and you should be able to zero it to the front sight pin.
A 30mm or 35mm shall work.
I had the same issue and I resolved it this way.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #29

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Go onto the PSA sight and click on a upper you like. Find the drop down windows and locate the one that says, handguards. Click it and you'll see all the handguard/rail options they offer. Select the one you want. They are basiclly made to order.

I know exactly what you're looking for. All but one of mine is set-up just like that.
I did that. I guess I don't really know the difference between them all, the different uppers i mean. Can't decide on the one I want. Is there one or two that you'd recommend for my purpose?

I like the look of the front sight being gone. For a gun strictly used with optics, I think it looks more clean.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus

I did that. I guess I don't really know the difference between them all, the different uppers i mean. Can't decide on the one I want. Is there one or two that you'd recommend for my purpose?

I like the look of the front sight being gone. For a gun strictly used with optics, I think it looks more clean.
Get a 16" lightweight chrome lined.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/psa-16-hammer-forged-midlength-light-weight-upper.html

Quote:

Newest Threads