Help with iron sights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Help with iron sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Help with iron sights

I was wondering if I could mount ar-15 traditional A2 style front iron sight to my Ruger SR 556. It's a gas piston rifle so I won't be using the gas block that is also the iron sights. Does anyone know if there are the A2 style front iron sight without the gas tube slot I want the front iron sight without the gas block. Another concern is I don't have the government profile barrel like the USGI m4 carbine have it has a heavy barrel, is the heavy barrel in the SR 556 the same diameter as the government profile barrel is. I was thinking if I can't mount the standard iron sight to my gun that I would have to settle on a detachable fixed front sight like a Daniel defense or something like that.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #2

Liked 600 Times on 320 Posts

If you have a quad rail covering the piston system, just mount the sights on the rail. Not sure what you asking, you can get some YHM A2 sights that will work fine . Here is a pic of what I think your trying to do. I uses o have A2 sights on mine .

image-3617697045.jpg   image-2975746310.jpg  

Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25
If you have a quad rail covering the piston system, just mount the sights on the rail. Not sure what you asking, you can get some YHM A2 sights that will work fine . Here is a pic of what I think your trying to do. I uses o have A2 sights on mine .
Your as block might be a .750 , should be the same size

Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25
I'm trying to mount the front sight base that also has the gas block built in like the standard GI front soght, I could have then like your have fixed detachable front soghts but I want the front sight that aren't detachable the front sight also acts as the gas block. I wanted to know if I could mount one of those on my gun but I want the front sight that doesn't have a gas block built in

Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by assualtready070

I'm trying to mount the front sight base that also has the gas block built in like the standard GI front soght, I could have then like your have fixed detachable front soghts but I want the front sight that aren't detachable the front sight also acts as the gas block. I wanted to know if I could mount one of those on my gun but I want the front sight that doesn't have a gas block built in
So your looking for this without the gas block on it huh. I can't find them with out gas. I'm sure they make them. But if it comes down to it you can still use them, obviously with out the gas tube.

image-3702791313.jpg