Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Help with iron sights (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/help-iron-sights-86146/)

assualtready070 03-09-2013 03:04 PM

Help with iron sights

I was wondering if I could mount ar-15 traditional A2 style front iron sight to my Ruger SR 556. It's a gas piston rifle so I won't be using the gas block that is also the iron sights. Does anyone know if there are the A2 style front iron sight without the gas tube slot I want the front iron sight without the gas block. Another concern is I don't have the government profile barrel like the USGI m4 carbine have it has a heavy barrel, is the heavy barrel in the SR 556 the same diameter as the government profile barrel is. I was thinking if I can't mount the standard iron sight to my gun that I would have to settle on a detachable fixed front sight like a Daniel defense or something like that.

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-09-2013 10:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you have a quad rail covering the piston system, just mount the sights on the rail. Not sure what you asking, you can get some YHM A2 sights that will work fine . Here is a pic of what I think your trying to do. I uses o have A2 sights on mine .

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-09-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25
If you have a quad rail covering the piston system, just mount the sights on the rail. Not sure what you asking, you can get some YHM A2 sights that will work fine . Here is a pic of what I think your trying to do. I uses o have A2 sights on mine .

Your as block might be a .750 , should be the same size

assualtready070 03-10-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25

I'm trying to mount the front sight base that also has the gas block built in like the standard GI front soght, I could have then like your have fixed detachable front soghts but I want the front sight that aren't detachable the front sight also acts as the gas block. I wanted to know if I could mount one of those on my gun but I want the front sight that doesn't have a gas block built in

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-11-2013 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by assualtready070

I'm trying to mount the front sight base that also has the gas block built in like the standard GI front soght, I could have then like your have fixed detachable front soghts but I want the front sight that aren't detachable the front sight also acts as the gas block. I wanted to know if I could mount one of those on my gun but I want the front sight that doesn't have a gas block built in

So your looking for this without the gas block on it huh. I can't find them with out gas. I'm sure they make them. But if it comes down to it you can still use them, obviously with out the gas tube.