Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Help! I don't know what to buy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

maybe a couple hour drive north of you, but check out

Model 1 Sales

up in Whitewright.

Slo

Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This one is a little over your $1000 mark but comes with some really nice goodies already attached and is a very high quality firearm for a good price.
AIM Daniel Defense XV M4 Carbine .223/5.56 Rifle w/ 7.0 Omega Railed Handguard Daniel Defense XV M4 Carbine .223/5.56 Rifle w/ 7.0 Omega Railed Handguard
This would make any man happy.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Newbie,

Congrats and it sound like you are starting out right. Listen to the guys on the forum, the are very, very knowledgable. I have an advantage that I am somewhat ( ) familar with firearms, but not in all the platforms that DZ likes. Just listen to your guy and pick up on the little things that he says. There probably won't be any gun shows between now, and when you get married, but there are plenty of resources in the Houston area, and even though they are "looking to make the sale", a gun store that doesn't feel "slimey" or condencending to you will be a load of help too. Not everyone is just out there to make a buck. A good, mid-range Ar will give him lots of room to customize and make it jus the way that he wants. You don't have to go with the most expensive, but don't go with the cheapest either. Your price range should be just about right. As for the .22 conversion, it can always be added later. I would go with the .556/.223 platform it is very customizable. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 12-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Most gun stores in Houston will carry AR's. Try:

Carter's Country,
Any Academy Store
Pruitt's
Class 3 Rock River Arms National Stocking Premier Dealer

Just call around and see what they have in stock and at what price. You may find an AR for $1,000. Prices are coming down and availability is increasing.
Top Gun, just off of Westheimer in southwest Houston, is awesome. It's where I got my CHL and I've purchased many a handgun there. They have LOTS of ARs, too. Good bunch of guys.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:20 AM   #15

Default Ar 15

OK--here we go-----if you want to know what goes on in the AR15 arena, go to AR15.com--but when you do that be prepared to become totally confused. There is so much information on these weapons that the experts can get confused.
Would suggest that you pick a basic 20" flat top with sights from the better known mfgers, RRA, Bushmaster, Stag, Armalite, Lewis Machine, DPMS--these all have web sites--then go to one of your local dealers to purchase and make sure your new spouse will be able to bring it back and trade, if need be, into exactly what he wants with no penalty. That way all be be happy. You should plan to spend somewhere just under $1000 for this type rifle. If they want more than that go to another shop!! Todays market is quit full of AR 15's and you should be able to get a good deal on one! If I can be of further help e-mail me at your convenience!! GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS in advance!!