Help...FTFeed and double feed - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Help...FTFeed and double feed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1231 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 1276

Ah, so you had an A2 stock and swapped out for collapsible stock/tube but used your rifle buffer/spring? Yeah that'll cause problems!

Are you buying the buffer and spring? H buffer?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The stock that I switched too came with the correct spring, I just used my old buffer. So I'll just be ordering a smaller buffer, any suggestions?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

So when I got home from work I broke the rifle down to check the buffer and I guess I wasn't as big an idiot as I thought. I had put the correct smaller buffer in with the new stock when I switched it out. Next I checked the gas rings and it passed the test sniper suggested. I did lube it with a much thicker lube last night, so I took it to the range to see if this made a difference. I ran 3 mags through it and it worked just fine. So I'm hoping that the lube was the problem. I just cant seem to figure out why it would work so well last month, with Rem Oil(small drip bottle) and work so crappy on Saturday with Rem Oil in the spray bottle. I really hope it is the lube and that I have no more problems, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1231 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 1276

jwhirl413, that's encouraging that you ran three mags successfully. Guess time will tell but I'd rather have something obvious turn up wrong. While running Rem Oil isn't the best idea, you wouldn't expect it to have such graphic consequences. There is a difference between the spray and the drip bottle though.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #15

Liked 293 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 445

[quote=Dillinger;482959]I didn't watch the video, I am on an aircard and it takes forever to download.