Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Help, Can't decide! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/help-cant-decide-36580/)

bamaArmzz 01-08-2011 02:56 AM

Help, Can't decide!

Hey guy's, first up, I'm not very knowledgeable when it come's to picking between different AR15's, and just now really getting into the gun scene, but here lately I have really been thinking about buying an AR15. My cousin's Dad passed away and left him with a very nice ar15 Colt Sporter Hbar. It's been in the family for a few years now and I have no clue how old it is. Just recently I put 40 PMC round's through it and all I can say is wow, this Gun is very fun to shoot. I have never been in the market to buy an AR15 up until now.

I went to a Gun shop today and looked at a few ar15 brands and really looking into getting the Smith&Wesson M&P15 PSX.w/16" Barrel. It's brand new and retail's for over $1,499.99 new. There asking $1,060.00. I'm about to jump on this but have noticed Bushmaster, and Panther's nice AR15's as well.

Will the S&M PSX be a good gun to spend the $ on or should I turn to another company? I'm not going to be afraid of spending a few grand, I will also be getting a scope.

Thanks.

DarinCraft 01-08-2011 03:05 AM

Well I'll beat everyone to it.

First, buy the M&P, thats a great price for a great gun, especially if that is the style AR you want. If you wanted to, you could save some money and build the gun yourself. You're looking at around $800 to build a quality AR, but out of the box $1000 is great. It really doesn't matter either way though. AR's are an addiction and I guarantee this will not be your only purchase. You will soon have a collection.:D

Secondly, drop by introductions and let us know a little bit about yourself.

bamaArmzz 01-08-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarinCraft (Post 417447)
Well I'll beat everyone to it.

First, buy the M&P, thats a great price for a great gun, especially if that is the style AR you want. If you wanted to, you could save some money and build the gun yourself. You're looking at around $800 to build a quality AR, but out of the box $1000 is great. It really doesn't matter either way though. AR's are an addiction and I guarantee this will not be your only purchase. You will soon have a collection.:D

Secondly, drop by introductions and let us know a little bit about yourself.

Yeah I was really buying the gun for the aggressive look's and the more tactical weapon usage. I will be doing more target shooting on the 75acre's of land we have with a few friend's and my step Dad, he's really getting into shooting on the weekend's.

Can anyone post a link or any recommendation's on a scope and mount I should go with on the m&p? I will do more shooting around 50-100 yard's more than anything. I talked with a guy today about the accuracy range and he said this psx will shoot great up to 600yards...wow?

Shihan 01-08-2011 04:35 AM

Let me steer you towards one of our vendors. He has an excellent price for what appears to be a very nice rifle, leaves a lot of money left for optics and ammo. Check this Thread: LINK. Just Sharing.

mjkeat 01-08-2011 04:36 AM

If it were me Id go w/ a BCM 16" midlength upper w/ bolt carrier group. Then order one of their lowers. Slap on a Magpul MOE hand guard and youd have a really nice top shelf rifle. Best part you're only looking at $844.

A red dot will put you on paper just fine at 100.

DarinCraft 01-08-2011 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamaArmzz (Post 417519)
Yeah I was really buying the gun for the aggressive look's and the more tactical weapon usage. I will be doing more target shooting on the 75acre's of land we have with a few friend's and my step Dad, he's really getting into shooting on the weekend's.

Can anyone post a link or any recommendation's on a scope and mount I should go with on the m&p? I will do more shooting around 50-100 yard's more than anything. I talked with a guy today about the accuracy range and he said this psx will shoot great up to 600yards...wow?

In that range a red dot would be fine