Help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help

My Colt HBAR A-2 recently started having an issue. After the last round is fired, the bolt stays open, however, when I place the gun in the rack, the bolt will close. It seems with a little "thump" on the butt stock, the bolt will close. A buddy at the range told me i had too much oil in the gun, and he's probably right. I was told to run the gun "wet" so i have been applying oil pretty liberally. Could too much oil cause this problem, or do i have another issue?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

thats normal for about any semi auto firearm. with no magazine to keep the bolt catch in the up position any blow to the butt of the rifle will pull the bolt back enough for the catch to release. its got nothing to do with oil.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #3

Thanks Jon...i appreciate your help.