Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Heads up!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 901

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion that, after things calm, there will be some hellatiously good sales on AR's come next spring.
I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I might just wait a year on a couple uppers especially since I haven't made up my mind. That's taking a chance since we don't know the outcome of the next election.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Interesting. A big lesson of Supply and Demand in the AR market right now

image-1184633716.jpg  

Old 04-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #23

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion that, after things calm, there will be some hellatiously good sales on AR's come next spring.
Not if O stays in office . Otherwise it will be possible

Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #24

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Not if O stays in office . Otherwise it will be possible
He does like using executive orders and acts like, if Congress or the Supreme Court disagree on the constitutionality of his decisions they are evil.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlarue1013
Interesting. A big lesson of Supply and Demand in the AR market right now
I would ask to be put on a 249 or 240.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #26

Liked 2308 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

in the 2008 panic, i thought it was stupid for the peeps to panic and buy everything up. i KNEW obama wouldn't pass any anti-gun legislation because he is a a typical elected official, and would want to be re-elected.

2nd term is a different story though. like the loser GW, obama will have free reign to push whatever agendas he can and will not be concerned about being re-elected. i hate 2nd term presidents, they mostly just spend this term repaying favors to those that got them to the top. my point is, it IS A REAL possibility imo that obama WILL pass gun control laws in a second term.

i had just saved enough $ for the AR i wanted recently, and then i begin the search and......its nowhere to be found. all the best prices on the internet were all sold out, academy didn't even have ONE in the state of texas. finally found 2 at cabelas, and after a discount, it was still a little more than i wanted to originally pay (i paid $670, academy was $650, best internet deal was $620 +trans & ship). buying my AR had nothing to do with any fear, i had just saved about 4+ months and was ready to have it!

but the kicker is, if i HAD NOT CALLED TO RESERVE IT, i would not have made it to cabelas in time to buy it. i held the last "in the box" model. as i was walking up the counter, a guy was buying the floor model & another was inquiring about it.

i think i just missed GROSSLY OVERPAYING, as prices will continue to rise in the short future i think. i would suggest waiting it out at this point. the panic has begun and i think very soon prices will begin to get stupid high again.

as others said, i think it will all settle down again, and there will be good prices again if you wait. i'll probably be kicking my own @ss when i see the gun i bought on sale for $599 or so early next year. ah, well i guess i'll have at least $70 worth of fun with it between now & then.