Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Have the bug again ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: First 42 years in Maine Past 19 years in Alaska now back in Maine
Liked 49 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Have the bug again ???

I already have an Armalite AR10 (308) Now i have an itch for a AR15 in another flavor. I know i could get a 223 upper for what i have. But i want a build project. Like to keep it around $1000.00 or less. Any input please.

Sorry i know this question has been asked before, but i am going crosseyed doing a search on my cell phone screen. My desk top has crashed and only have my WiFi cell up and running today.

Last edited by TerryM; 10-07-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #2

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

What's the intended purpose of the gun? I did a "budget" build M4 carbine for under $1000 with a stainless barrel and had money left for a decent optic.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
I already have an Armalite AR10 (308) Now i have an itch for a AR15 in another flavor. I know i could get a 223 upper for what i have. But i want a build project. Like to keep it around $1000.00 or less. Any input please.

Sorry i know this question has been asked before, but i am going crosseyed doing a search on my cell phone screen. My desk top has crashed and only have my WiFi cell up and running today.
AR-10 and AR-15 upper and lower are not compatible...if you want .223 you will have to build from scratch...or buy.

$1,000 gets you a nice build with room for some extras...matter of fact Palmetto State Armory has a $600 carbine sale going on. Bravo Company USA, STAG, Colt ($$$) will all suit your need. Most folks here build the lower and purchase the upper then dress it up.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Newest Threads