Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Hatchet job on an AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hatchet job on an AR

No. 1 Son has arrived for 5 days, (with the Grankids, YES) He brought me a AR that he bought for a song from a Sailor going to sea. He told me before I got to excited to look at the chamber. and feed ramps. Looks like someone tried to make A4 feed ramps with a hatchet. I have spent about 3 hours with a needle file and stone to get them half way cleaned up. I Flushed the chamber and everything out with brake cleaner. Found a lot of trash in it. It came with 2 Sig-Sauer 30 round mags, (tupperware) and would not feed from either. Works good with the three green follower clips I have. Why, some people think they are gunsmiths is a mystery to me. The only reason I fooled with it was I figured I could do no more damage. Excuse me, I got some serious spoiling to attend to.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2009, 04:51 AM   #2

If you cant fix the sailor job just buy a new barrel and run the gun. If he did not play with anything else

Old 12-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sounds like a fun little project. Enjoy the grandkids!!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Time to break out the DREMEL tool

Worst case scenario, if you still can't clean it up, would be a new barrel, possibly new upper receiver if he cut into that, too.

Slo

Newest Threads