Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > It has begun .....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Tracking Number: 1Z6************442
Scheduled Delivery Date: 01/18/2010 (Updated)

I got this in an email from UPS last night. I've got wood!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Most excellent!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-25-2010, 03:48 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Well is it still in Transit? Need to know and see. Get off the XBox and on this project.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #14

I received the RRA .458SOCOM upper last week. It is one fine piece of equipment. But since I am having Marty build me one I figured I didn't need the 2 them. Another forum member has been blessed with it and should be posting pics and reports up soon.

As soon as mine comes in I'll get pics up. Till then, it's xBox away!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sounds good.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #16

My apologies folks, I've let this project drag on for too long. But the good news is, I heard form Marty this morning!

The project is well under way - TeppoJutsu has completed the barrel, machined the bolt. All that is left is to cut the upper receiver, assemble for fit and test.

I have an inquiry in about some engraving - looking to find out the cost and options. If the cost isn't too bad and they can engrave where i want I will go ahead with it.

Sorry for the slow process and the lack of updates but life has gotten in the way. I'll post pics this weekend showing the direction I went in. I hope to have this baby done soon and off to the range to kill some paper!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Most excellent, will be standing by to see what you have done.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Most excellent, will be standing by to see what you have done.
Neither can i

Sorry for dragging this one out fellas. The good news is I heard from Marty over the weekend and she is all done. She should be getting shipped out to me real soon.

Now I've made some changes to the components since I started this project and will have to update the photos. I had planned on doing it bit by bit with photos along the way, but now I'm just going to get all the components together, take a before photo and an after photo.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 08-24-2010, 03:02 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Cool beans.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #20

So without any further ado ..... drum roll please ..... my .458SOCOM is DONE!

It's been a long time coming and a lot has changed along the way. The most significant changes were the receivers I started with and the want for engraving. Once I got the ball rolling with Marty I had a change of heart on the lower receiver I was going to use. Cane pointed me in the direction of Mega Arms and I fell in love! So much so that I had to have their billet set, nothing less would do. I put the project on hold until I could get the new set to out to Marty. All the while I had an idea in my head for some engraving to really personalize my rifle. Eventually I scrapped the engraving because I was unable to get my idea out of my head and into reality - this was in no way Marty's fault, all mine.

The completed upper from Teppo Jutsu came in about 2 weeks ago. Once I had it in hand I ordered up the balance of the parts needed - stock, extension tube, buffer spring, buffer. All of these came in within the past week so today i got everything out and put her together. Enjoy,

I started with the Mega Arms lower - lighting does strike twice! I assembled my STAG lower and I assembled this one. i even came up with a slick trick assembling this one - how you ask? Well, I am just one amazing individual!

All of the components
s5031987.jpg

The lower is complete
s5031996.jpg

Here's the trick, free of charge In order to keep from launching those little bastard pins I flipped the punch tool around and slid the shaft through the pivot hole - fit perfectly. Work the pin and spring in and slide the punch over to retain it, then slide the new pivot pin into place and viola - no launched pin!
s5031994.jpg

But wait, there's more .....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Last edited by dog2000tj; 10-03-2010 at 08:41 PM.