Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   has anyone heard of... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/has-anyone-heard-78977/)

jwalsh66 12-20-2012 05:22 PM

has anyone heard of...

Has anyone heard of or done business with dsa out of Illinois? I've never heard of them but they seem to have good prices. They advertise made in the U.S. any input would be appreciated. Thanks

robocop10mm 12-20-2012 06:18 PM

DSA is probably best known for FN rifles. Never heard any negatives.

jwalsh66 12-20-2012 06:35 PM

That's probably why I've never heard of them. They have really great prices that's why I was skeptical

kytowboater 12-20-2012 08:44 PM

I have a dsa upper. It's accurate and does the job.

jwalsh66 12-20-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 1059630)
I have a dsa upper. It's accurate and does the job.

Cool thanks for the input. Did you by chance get their bcg?

Sniper03 12-20-2012 09:42 PM

DSA's forte is in the FN LAR type rifles and they make some good ones. They have been in business for quite a few years. I would recommend those. However I have heard mixed reviews from customers on their ARs.

kytowboater 12-20-2012 10:01 PM

Email from dsa.

The barrel would be just our standard 4140 barrel. The blanks we use in
general come from Mossberg. The upper receiver it self is made from a
7075 T6 aluminum forging by us and has a Type 3 hard coat anodize
finish.

The Bolt is just a standard mil-spec BCG that we purchase from one of
the largest manufacturers of that part in the country.

oldpapps 12-20-2012 11:04 PM

Bought a complete upper from them (300 Blkout).
Excellent quality. Took some time to get. Worth the weight.
I would have no problem buying from them again.

jwalsh66 12-21-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpapps (Post 1059821)
Bought a complete upper from them (300 Blkout).
Excellent quality. Took some time to get. Worth the weight.
I would have no problem buying from them again.

That's good to hear. I usually order from psa seeing as they are about 2 hours down the road but they don't have much in stock these days. So I have to find a back up plan. Looms like I might have just found it.

oldpapps 12-21-2012 05:15 PM

jwalsh66,

That sounds good except....
After I placed my order with DSA, I became impatient, the DSA order took 84 days from order till delivery and ordered a complete upper from PSA (.223 Wylde). The PSA order took 10 days.

As I'm not rolling in cash, I normally sell or trade one weapon to fund the next. This has worked for me for several years, until the 6 day short of 3 month dry spell. Thus my order from PSA. The PSA upper is gone now and I am still enjoying the DSA in 300 BlackOut. Both uppers are/were very good, my view. I had a Mega lower until some guy wanted more than me $. The DSA upper now sits on a PSA lower.

I keep and play with a weapon until I have squeezed all of what I consider possible accuracy from one. Then I look about for the next.

I have recovered my investments well with AR types, not so much with some others. All in all, it is a very enjoyable hobby. With the current state of the market and uncertainties, I don't know what my next project/toy will be.