Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Half a new AR finished (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/half-new-ar-finished-100106/)

Sgt_Skrb_25 11-09-2013 01:22 AM

Half a new AR finished

3 Attachment(s)
Just finished half of number 17.

RRA upper
Stag 1:9 chrome lined carbine length barrel
Fail Zero F/A BCG
BCM Mid 3 Handle
ARMS BUIS
FSC 556 muzzle device
DiamonHead 10.25" rail
YHM gas components

dwmiller 11-09-2013 03:38 PM

Like the diamondhead rail! Looks great on that barrel length/flashhider combo. Why 1/9 twist? I thought everyone had jumped to 1/7 unless they were building varmit rifles (1/8 wylde). 1/7 handles a wider range of bullet weights.

Planning on a red dot to cowitness with those sights? I am thinking about a vortex or an aimpoint for my personal carbine. Bought a cheap 4x UTG with handle mount to start, waste of money. Looks great the way it sits!

sweeper22 11-10-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 (Post 1426762)
Just finished half of number 17.

#17?!!!

That you own or have built? I've built nearly that many in the last 18 months, but only really own five (one DD, four builds).

Good looking upper!

MisterMcCool 11-10-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22

#17?!!! I've built nearly that many in the last 18 months...

Meh, your young yet. :p

Ibmikey 11-10-2013 03:14 PM

SGT, Nice arm but you would be better off fitting a traditional lower :-) I too just completed another using a Palmetto chf upper and 15" rail with a Rainier (nic boron) BCG and am on my way out to kill some dirt clods and soda cans this morning. Love to build/modify AR's, seems like Eugene Stoner just meant for us to have fun.

Sgt_Skrb_25 11-10-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwmiller
Like the diamondhead rail! Looks great on that barrel length/flashhider combo. Why 1/9 twist? I thought everyone had jumped to 1/7 unless they were building varmit rifles (1/8 wylde). 1/7 handles a wider range of bullet weights. Planning on a red dot to cowitness with those sights? I am thinking about a vortex or an aimpoint for my personal carbine. Bought a cheap 4x UTG with handle mount to start, waste of money. Looks great the way it sits!

This one I'm selling . I have a few personal ones already. I just like ordering parts and building. I've sold 13. Not sure about optics , when I sell them I just put on BUIS. I have a 1:7 16" middy, a 1:9 7" pistol, and a 1:10 7.62x39. People generally like the 1:9 because of the ammo price for lighter rounds.

Sgt_Skrb_25 11-10-2013 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22
#17?!!! That you own or have built? I've built nearly that many in the last 18 months, but only really own five (one DD, four builds). Good looking upper!

I. Do the same as you. I only kept a few , I sell the others , it's just fun trying all the different parts out there.

Sgt_Skrb_25 11-10-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibmikey
SGT, Nice arm but you would be better off fitting a traditional lower :-) I too just completed another using a Palmetto chf upper and 15" rail with a Rainier (nic boron) BCG and am on my way out to kill some dirt clods and soda cans this morning. Love to build/modify AR's, seems like Eugene Stoner just meant for us to have fun.

What so you mean traditional lower, serialized?

Ibmikey 11-11-2013 03:06 AM

I guess the joke fizzled...I was referring to your arm as the lower..looks like you have some nice AR's, I shot a bunch of pumpkins today with my brand new build.

Sgt_Skrb_25 11-11-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibmikey
I guess the joke fizzled...I was referring to your arm as the lower..looks like you have some nice AR's, I shot a bunch of pumpkins today with my brand new build.

Oh ... Duh.. I'm a little slow due to a hangover.