Guys! I need help. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Guys! I need help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
Yeah I have read it. That thing is so sick! but the ammo is so expensive. Beowulf seems to be cheaper on ammo side of things.

Jo I have a quick question or 2. I know that the minimum barrel length is 14.5 here in cali and that the gun must be at least 28 inches in over all length when the stock is collapsed.and that the magazine needs to be removed with a key of some type not just push button. What are some of the other restrictions that i need to be aware of? like max mag cap? and things you can/cant have that you know of. Thanks
Federal law requires a 16" barrel length I believe. A 14.5" barrel will need a 1.5" break or other permanently affixed extension to get to the min length, unless you are building a pistol or a Class III SBR.

Don't know if bayo lugs are legal in CA, I know they are not in NJ. Jo would know the answer to that one.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #32

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Federal law requires a 16" barrel length I believe. A 14.5" barrel will need a 1.5" break or other permanently affixed extension to get to the min length, unless you are building a pistol or a Class III SBR.

Don't know if bayo lugs are legal in CA, I know they are not in NJ. Jo would know the answer to that one.
I believe the bayo lug is OK here. (Just re-read the list.)

And an AR pistol is not approved here in CA so a 16 inch barrel is required, and 30" over all.

But again, check that DOJ site. I've read it many times and still get the BS confused.

Last edited by Jo da Plumbr; 08-13-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah i will definatly have to look at that closely. they guys at the gun shop said 14.5 barrel and 28.5 overall. ill have to see for myself I definatly would hate to be classified as a threat by Kommiefornia
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hey guys i need some help. what is the longest free float that you can put on a 16in barrel. I saw one earlier with a 13in looks pretty good. i think im leanin on a 9-12in right now.
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #35

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
hey guys i need some help. what is the longest free float that you can put on a 16in barrel. I saw one earlier with a 13in looks pretty good. i think im leanin on a 9-12in right now.
I think you can go with a 13 inch, but you have to go with the low profile gas block like they make at Larue.

A 9 or 12 inch free float will give you PLENTY of rail space and still give you protection of the barrel from banging it on a doorway or something.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #36

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
As long as you want depending on the type of gas block you have, whether you have a traditional A2 style sight tower or are looking to mount all the optics and sights on the tube. I believe the only "do not do" here is not to go too short and leave the gas tube exposed. I don't know if there is really any downside, other than appearance, to using a longer tube that covers a low profile gas block if it's not needed for sighting purposes. Heat build up on the tube may be an issue if it covers the gas block but I defer to the more experienced folks for the definitive answers.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

quick question i was looking at barrels and was wondering, what if any difference does a stainless barrel make? and also fluting i know it helps with weight and heat disbursal anything else? defiantly goin with a 16in barrel with a low profile gas block and a 10in or longer free float.