Guys! I need help. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Guys! I need help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
Actually has more to do with the excess Loc-tite (?) that Magpul coats their pistol grip screws with, not the screws themselves
Thanks...I knew there had to be a better explanation but having never experienced it first hand I went with what i read.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1337 View Post
I talked to the guy at the gun shop. odviously hes tryin to get me to buy but he told me they sold a few in last couple months with no complaints. and he said the guy that owns jd machine tech was the guy that owns kaiser's brother and he usta work for them but split to start his own business. they also said SD swat and police force use there lower since its a local company... i figure that they should be fine. time to start buyin parts and tools now! anyone suggest a good quality lower parts kit for a good price?
I just put this kit into a build I have going on.

RifleGear - RRA Lower Receiver Parts Kit w/ NM Two Stage Trigger

This is more money than most lower kits but the upgraded two stage trigger is really sweet.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #23

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I just put this kit into a build I have going on.

RifleGear - RRA Lower Receiver Parts Kit w/ NM Two Stage Trigger

This is more money than most lower kits but the upgraded two stage trigger is really sweet.

You like that trigger huh Joe That's the same on I put in Glass's AR.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #24

I also opted for the Rad Lock rather than a bullet button.

RifleGear - Raddlock AR Series Magazine Lock w/Two Position Operation

The RL allows you to switch back to normal mag release if you are ever outside of California.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks Jo that was the trigger that I wanted anyway. makes it alot easier to get it with the lower parts kit! and i really dig that release. i was thinking about just getting the CMMG 22 conversion untill i left here but would really like to be able to go and shoot it in the calibre that she is going to built for!

Anyone heard of vtsupply.com they have alot of the parts that i want and they seem to be about 10-15% cheaper then alot of the other places ive seen on the web...

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Last edited by mach1337; 08-12-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Adding

Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Thanks Jo that was the trigger that I wanted anyway. makes it alot easier to get it with the lower parts kit! and i really dig that release. i was thinking about just getting the CMMG 22 conversion untill i left here but would really like to be able to go and shoot it in the calibre that she is going to built for!

Anyone heard of vtsupply.com they have alot of the parts that i want and they seem to be about 10-15% cheaper then alot of the other places ive seen on the web...
I have not tried VTS but may get some of those 10 rnd mags I saw.

22 is a lot cheaper to shoot but you can always get a kit later. I have a 1022 so I have the 22 round flying as well as the 223/556. In fact the build I'm doing is going to be in the 6.8spc caliber. Ammos a lot pricier but a great shooter so I've been told.

Stag Arms
stag_arms_model7.jpg  

Old 08-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Im pretty sure i will end up with the CMMG kit just so i can shoot for cheap and for trigger time. but eventually i will have a few black rifles. and i thought about doin the 6.8 but i want a socom2 as well so that would be my hunting rifle lol. really like the AA .50 Beowulf

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 08-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #28

My friend Cane just did a 458 socom. Check out his build.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/build-time-has-come-22019/#post210962

Old 08-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah I have read it. That thing is so sick! but the ammo is so expensive. Beowulf seems to be cheaper on ammo side of things.

Jo I have a quick question or 2. I know that the minimum barrel length is 14.5 here in cali and that the gun must be at least 28 inches in over all length when the stock is collapsed.and that the magazine needs to be removed with a key of some type not just push button. What are some of the other restrictions that i need to be aware of? like max mag cap? and things you can/cant have that you know of. Thanks

Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Jo I have a quick question or 2. I know that the minimum barrel length is 14.5 here in cali and that the gun must be at least 28 inches in over all length when the stock is collapsed.and that the magazine needs to be removed with a key of some type not just push button. What are some of the other restrictions that i need to be aware of? like max mag cap? and things you can/cant have that you know of. Thanks
10 round mags on any weapons, rifles or pistols. If you have the "non detachable mag" (ie bullet button) you can have all other AR features. Except for full auto or grenade launcher. If you want a regular mag release you cannot have any of the "evil features" as defined by the Calif dangerous weapons act. These include collapsible stock, flash suppressors, pistol grip, etc. My builds I do without those features and put the bullet button just to keep on the safe side. Here is the California DOJ site that gives all the BS information. I think it is good to have all this info understood before getting the AR.

Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General