Gunbroker S&W lowers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Gunbroker S&W lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

They have a couple of S&W lowers for 650 to 700 bucks! Jeeez what's the deal ? a spike is only going for 400 . A S&W 223 sport went for 1400 . The S&W was stripped ! Just the lower no guts

Last edited by Tenderribbs; 12-30-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Well, DUHHHH!!!! People are in a full blown panic. There are idiots willing to pay those prices.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Well, DUHHHH!!!! People are in a full blown panic. There are idiots willing to pay those prices.
I guess I didn't ask the question right. Why is a spike lower less then a S&W lower ? Traditionally spikes was more $ and better quality

Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #4

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
I guess I didn't ask the question right. Why is a spike lower less then a S&W lower ? Traditionally spikes was more $ and better quality
Because the newb, never saw an AR in my life but now have to have one morons that will pay $700 for a lower may recognize the S&W name but Spikes is not known to them.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #5

That makes sense . I guess people aren't doing any study before they buy stuff ,unlike us we will study , contemplate, ask questions and google before we buy a part. Well Atleast my Ar collection has almost doubled in value , not that I would ever sell one .

Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #6

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Maybe it is time to sell mine to someone who doesn't prepare properly

Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #7

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderribbs View Post
... Why is a spike lower less then a S&W lower ? Traditionally spikes was more $ and better quality
I've got to call BS on that. Absolutely no truth to it.

Before panic buying, stripped Spikes lowers often went for $80 while S&W rarely went under $120. And nothing wrong with Spikes but what makes you think they are higher quality than S&W? You might want to pick one up and look at it.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #8

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Just saw a stripped S&W lower at my LGS reserved that had a price tag of $599 today so that doesn't surprise me at all! I had to laugh though when I overheard the owner and manager debating about what they should do because they were losing "good customers." I totally support a free market, supply and demand. But when advantage is taken and you think that will have no repercussions, you're a fool. I'll stick with the businesses that have some virtue and care about retaining clients. Not just ripping off the uniformed. Even if the AWB goes into effect that doesn't mean I'll stop buying. I'll just buy another type. But you'd better believe I won't be buying from the douchebags that have known me for years and still tried to take advantage of me.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-