Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Gunbroker S&W lowers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/gunbroker-s-w-lowers-79809/)

Tenderribbs 12-30-2012 02:55 PM

They have a couple of S&W lowers for 650 to 700 bucks! Jeeez what's the deal ? a spike is only going for 400 . A S&W 223 sport went for 1400 . The S&W was stripped ! Just the lower no guts

robocop10mm 12-30-2012 03:00 PM

Well, DUHHHH!!!! People are in a full blown panic. There are idiots willing to pay those prices.

Tenderribbs 12-30-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Well, DUHHHH!!!! People are in a full blown panic. There are idiots willing to pay those prices.

I guess I didn't ask the question right. Why is a spike lower less then a S&W lower ? Traditionally spikes was more $ and better quality

Jpyle 12-30-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1071972)
I guess I didn't ask the question right. Why is a spike lower less then a S&W lower ? Traditionally spikes was more $ and better quality

Because the newb, never saw an AR in my life but now have to have one morons that will pay $700 for a lower may recognize the S&W name but Spikes is not known to them.

Tenderribbs 12-30-2012 04:09 PM

That makes sense . I guess people aren't doing any study before they buy stuff ,unlike us we will study , contemplate, ask questions and google before we buy a part. Well Atleast my Ar collection has almost doubled in value , not that I would ever sell one .

NitroxAZ 12-30-2012 07:12 PM

Maybe it is time to sell mine to someone who doesn't prepare properly:eek:

Quentin 12-30-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderribbs (Post 1071972)
... Why is a spike lower less then a S&W lower ? Traditionally spikes was more $ and better quality

I've got to call BS on that. Absolutely no truth to it.

Before panic buying, stripped Spikes lowers often went for $80 while S&W rarely went under $120. And nothing wrong with Spikes but what makes you think they are higher quality than S&W? You might want to pick one up and look at it.

GrtWhytHype 12-30-2012 10:20 PM

Just saw a stripped S&W lower at my LGS reserved that had a price tag of $599 today so that doesn't surprise me at all! I had to laugh though when I overheard the owner and manager debating about what they should do because they were losing "good customers." I totally support a free market, supply and demand. But when advantage is taken and you think that will have no repercussions, you're a fool. I'll stick with the businesses that have some virtue and care about retaining clients. Not just ripping off the uniformed. Even if the AWB goes into effect that doesn't mean I'll stop buying. I'll just buy another type. But you'd better believe I won't be buying from the douchebags that have known me for years and still tried to take advantage of me.