Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > got my first AR today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I like the green. I almost went with that color but decided on the dark earth from magpul
Well in a SHTF scenario, od green made more sense to me

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #22

Liked 66 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
No! I'm such an idiot. I'm not even kidding with the red dot. My first shot was a can at 100 yds and it shot up in the air! I know I know, no proof just my word so you have to trust me!
I'll take your word for it. MOA? Quality? Would that be your go to in a SHTF scenario?

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Color doesn't matter in a SHTF situation.
The quality would Matter.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

I'll take your word for it. MOA? Quality? Would that be your go to in a SHTF scenario?
3 MOA. It has their zoom feature that allows for 1 MOA all the way to 10 MOA for close quarters. Shockproof, waterproof fogproof. Its pretty amazing for the $$$. 3000 hour battery life. Are you asking if it would be my go to gun or red dot?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMjUnKiE
Color doesn't matter in a SHTF situation.
The quality would Matter.
Well if I'm in the woods (in Missouri) and i have to hunt or hide, fde doesn't do me much good opposed to the od green camouflaging naturally in that type of environment. So yea, it would matter to me

~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #26

Quote:
3 MOA. It has their zoom feature that allows for 1 MOA all the way to 10 MOA for close quarters. Shockproof, waterproof fogproof. Its pretty amazing for the $$$. 3000 hour battery life. Are you asking if it would be my go to gun or red dot?
Both!! I'd like to know if you'd keep the rifle but scrap the scope, or keep the scope and scrap the gun, or snuggle up in a hole with both feeling warm and fuzzy cuz you know they are that reliable.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #27

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Well in a SHTF scenario, od green made more sense to me
Understandable. I wasn't knocking it, the FDE just fits my style more and gets more looks. That's what got me hooked on it, seeing a guys at the local range

Old 04-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #28

Quote:

Both!! I'd like to know if you'd keep the rifle but scrap the scope, or keep the scope and scrap the gun, or snuggle up in a hole with both feeling warm and fuzzy cuz you know they are that reliable.
I would feel completely comfortable crawling in a hole with BOTH. (Having extra springs and parts of course, you never know)

~John F. Kennedy

Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #29

Quote:
I would feel completely comfortable crawling in a hole with BOTH. (Having extra springs and parts of course, you never know)
Good enough for me. If you trust it then it should meet all criteria I am looking for, which is quick acquisition, accuracy, dependability and price. (Yeah...my AR cost me a bit more than I expected. I should have started the build before the prices skyrocketed, but at the same time, I spent extra to get quality.) The optics (scope, I have BUIS), is all I have left to get, and I want something that is good to 100 yards.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #30

Quote:

Good enough for me. If you trust it then it should meet all criteria I am looking for, which is quick acquisition, accuracy, dependability and price. (Yeah...my AR cost me a bit more than I expected. I should have started the build before the prices skyrocketed, but at the same time, I spent extra to get quality.) The optics (scope, I have BUIS), is all I have left to get, and I want something that is good to 100 yards.
I think it's definitely worth trying out. $100 at midwayusa. It's no eotech or aimpoint, but several reviews I have read states that comparing it to their compact aimpoint, it's very comparable in fit, function, quality and durability.

~John F. Kennedy