Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Got BCG lucky today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/got-bcg-lucky-today-78407/)

tomykay12 12-14-2012 01:46 AM

Got BCG lucky today

So... I am putting together my first AR with help here, thankyou, and wanted to share my experience so far. I bought a Smith and Wesson M/P stripped lower at Turners for 129.00 + fees, PSA LBK on sale for 80.00, and PSA pencil profile 16" midlength stripped upper on sale for 335.00 including shipping. I am not in a big hurry, but the current availability of parts has been frustrating. A friend of a friend came forward today and gave me a bolt, carrier, charging handle, and a bullet button which my state mandates for an evil feature rifle. They are decent quality parts from some forgotten rifle he upgraded a while ago and he has no need for them as all his gear is top tier with aftermarket parts. Woot woot. I had to buy a firing pin, cam pin, FP retaining pin and gas rings; 24.00 shipped from Bravo. I could have bought locally here in San Diego, but the store seems to be riding the price gouging wave so I will not go there, and they don't answer the phone. Parallax tactical. There I said it. I am now, thanx to the generous friend of a friend, at 610.00 out of pocket for my build, sans a couple 10 rd magazines and a rear sight of some sort. This rifle will probably sport a nice air rifle scope that I have already in hand with some kind of quick release mounts so I will research flipdown mounts and not worry about that right now. Thankyou all again for your kind and informative responses to a new AR person such as myself. Best, tk

AgentTikki 12-14-2012 04:03 AM

Umm hm, uh huh yeah right. Pics or it never happened......

Quentin 12-14-2012 04:24 AM

Glad to hear you've got the missing pieces, TK12. Now if PSA will get on the stick and make it a Merry Christmas! :D

tomykay12 12-14-2012 04:28 AM

Um, holiday brandy prevents me from dealing with this tonite. I can only photograph pics of the given parts; bolt, carrier and button, oh yes the stripped lower which is now in my hands. The parts from PSA are due next week. I've never posted pics here, but will try my best. I love this stuff, tk

tomykay12 12-14-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1050961)
Glad to hear you've got the missing pieces, TK12. Now if PSA will get on the stick and make it a Merry Christmas! :D

I emailed them today regarding my Dec. 3 order for the LBK, and magically it shipped within hours. Bless them for that. The upper was ordered on Dec. 10 and shipped yesterday. Excellent. I think they are trying hard to deal with overwhelming demand that may be more than their business model anticipated. Relaxed, tk

Quentin 12-14-2012 04:43 AM

I ordered my LBK on 12/4 so maybe it'll ship out soon as well. No rush, it's just going on a spare lower (for now).