is this a good set up?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > is this a good set up?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default is this a good set up?

BCM Standard 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ YHM 12" Handguard

Does anyone know if the hand guard is a free float??

Should I be looking at a heavier or lighter barrel or anything? Any upgrades or anything while I am getting this?

I have called but Bravo doesn't take phone calls and I haven't heard back from the email I sent them.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

BCM is a great company, don't worry about quality it's hard to find better. They have excellent customer service too so you should get a response from them. Anyway, take a look at this link to see the lengths they go to...
BCM Stuff... - M4Carbine.net Forums

As far as too heavy, too light, upgrades, it all depends on what's right for you. In the standard config, there's nothing wrong with them. If you want lightweight there is a brand new LW middy they're offering now.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #3

Quintin, thanks for the reply and the link. I am pretty sure I want to go with BCM, but would just like them to at least email me back so I don't order the wrong item. I want a free float, but they don't say if this upper has a free float.