Good cheap Ar .223 ammo? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Good cheap Ar .223 ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Ok I get it u guys have had no problems.. There are many guys out there that have has problems and u are pushin them to the side. I sure my gun could shoot wolf or bear ammo but I just don't want to... He said at 4:25 that info I stated before so If u shoot wolf and run out of in when stuff is happening u gotta take a 10 min brake somehow and get your gun cleaned for u to shoot any brass in your house...

Idc anymore cuz no one is actually listening to me so ahead and shoot wolf and the first case that sticks or somthing goes wrong I'll be that guy that always is in the back golf your head that is saying a told ya so..

Goodbye ladies
We understand what you are saying the thing is you are wrong. As far as the others guys who you say we are pushing aside, they are just like you, misinformed.

You do not need to clean b/w steel and brass. I don't remember ever cleaning my Daniel Defense. It's been 1 or 2 years (Quentin can varify as he purchased his DD around the same time as I did) w/o cleaning running both steel ad brass.

Here's a video from the range this morning. My mags were loaded every other round alternating steel and brass. Even w/ rail covers the rail was almost to hot to hang on to. Over 200 rounds in roughly 10-15 minutes in a dirty rifle.

I don't want you to feel unwelcome but insisting on believing myths and outdated information even after facing a plethora of facts is handicapping yourself.

Ladies? LOL, come on now... A good lesson in life: Open your mind to new information even if it goes against what you understand as fact. This discussion is a great example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 01-18-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #62

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

Why would u need to clean it to go from steel to brass , or maybe i just misread your statement. Also if the shtf happens you better be a little more proficient with your cleaning than 10 min and cleaning should be the last thing on your mind at that time . One last thing. When the shtf your gun better be able to shoot what ever is available and it may not be brass. I would find a good armorist to take a look at it or find another rifle that will. I'm just being honest with you
Quote:
Ok I get it u guys have had no problems.. There are many guys out thoere that have has problems and u are pushin them to the side. I sure my gun could shoot wolf or bear ammo but I just don't want to... He said at 4:25 that info I stated before so If u shoot wolf and run out of in when stuff is happening u gotta take a 10 min brake somehow and get your gun cleaned for u to shoot any brass in your house...

Idc anymore cuz no one is actually listening to me so ahead and shoot wolf and the first case that sticks or somthing goes wrong I'll be that guy that always is in the back golf your head that is saying a told ya so..

Goodbye ladies

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-18-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1201 Times on 836 Posts
Likes Given: 1238

Quote:
Ok I get it u guys have had no problems.. There are many guys out there that have has problems and u are pushin them to the side. I sure my gun could shoot wolf or bear ammo but I just don't want to... He said at 4:25 that info I stated before so If u shoot wolf and run out of in when stuff is happening u gotta take a 10 min brake somehow and get your gun cleaned for u to shoot any brass in your house...

Goodbye ladies
So you're 20 and know everything? Yeah right. You seem to know ARs about as well as you know the English language.

Funny how you're backing off now and trying to turn this around that Wolf is no good for self defense. Did anyone here say use it for serious business? No, the thread is about cheap ammo and when that subject comes up you have to look at steel case.

Now as MJ said, guys do use steel case in carbine classes so that is fairly serious use but at least no one's shooting back at you. You expect, in fact want, malfunctions during training and you must get good at clearing them. I always carry a screw together GI-issue cleaning rod in my range bag, most people do much the same.

As far as saying "told ya so" if you had a rifle go down with a stuck case at a bad time would you be screwing together a cleaning rod? Or would you be going to your secondary weapon most Rikki-Tik as we used to say!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
... You do not need to clean b/w steel and brass. I don't remember ever cleaning my Daniel Defense. It's been 1 or 2 years (Quentin can varify as he purchased his DD around the same time as I did) w/o cleaning running both steel ad brass...
I agree and often drop an empty magazine that had steel case and go to one with brass. No issues with my Daniel Defense or ArmaLite except for an extractor problem with the DD but a BCM extractor and kit solved the problem. I don't blame the extractor problem on Wolf/Tula since I've fired more of that through the ArmaLite than the DD, it was just one of those things you have to figure out. Cheap fix and I'm still firing steel case.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #65

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Hey Q...don't necessarily mean to go off topic here, but the horse has pretty much stopped movin' ...anyway, what does "most rikki tik" mean? I get that it's basically "hurry yer a$$", but is there a specific origin or inside story or something? I've heard others use it from time to time and was just wonderin'?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The horse ain't dead until we say it's dead, Chandler!

Rikki-Tik's been used in the military a long time. It must have come from the Kipling story about the mongoose of the same name.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #67

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
The horse ain't dead until we say it's dead, Chandler!

Rikki-Tik's been used in the military a long time. It must have come from the Kipling story about the mongoose of the same name.

I stopped with Kipling when I got to the "dogs and their vomit". that makes sense though. Thanks!