good AR - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

good AR

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
If you are looking for a complete rifle Del-Ton is a very nice Rifle for the price. I picked mine up for $700. Though, my next one, I am going to build because everyone says that's the way to go. Good Luck in which ever way you decide. I am sure you will enjoy either way.

I am also seeing that here i can build exactly what i want and creppy picture fyi lol

Old 04-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
458 SOCOM

good AR - AR-15 Discussion

^ Magnum P*I*G

Just a tad North of $800.
Just over $800 for the UPPER. Still. . I have to admit, when I first saw this, I thought it was a joke. Then I googled it. Thats effin fascinating. It gave me a, well...

Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #13

Default Good AR

Don't forget to check out the Double Star AR's. Made in Kentucky. I like mine better than the 2 Colts I previously owned. Beautiful fit and finish and priced in the range of us working folk.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipjones54 View Post
Don't forget to check out the Double Star AR's. Made in Kentucky. I like mine better than the 2 Colts I previously owned. Beautiful fit and finish and priced in the range of us working folk.
What makes you like your DSC more than your Colts?

Do you not like the durability of chrome lining, proper staking of the gas key and reciever plate and Mil-Spec compliant parts?

I dont mean to come off as a jerk-off, but...

And no, "The Star-15 is the same design carried by millions of soldiers around the free world. All parts are anodized or parkerized formaximum durability. As with all DSC rifles, our armorers can incorporate dozens of options to suit your particular need or mission," as Buds claims.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #15

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

A2 AR15 carbines can be found new for under $600.

Dont read into the hype of the bigger, badder rounds. If this is your first, dude, go with whats available. 5.56/.223.

16" HBar Custom Rifle UT Arms Billet Lower Complete OR

PCF AR 15 Lowers

and an assembled $350 upper.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #16

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

S&W M&P-15 Optics Ready 5.56 Nato (811003) -- for Sale at JetGuns $699.00

S&W M&P Optic Ready for $699 plus free shipping to your FFL
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #17

Just built a plane jane, Kali-legal, 5.56 16" midi using a Spikes lower and a rifle kit from Del-Tron, for slightly less than $650. That includes shipping, DROS, taxes, bullet button, sights, and 3 magazines. Price if I wasn't in Kali, less than $600.

Barrel in not chrome lined, has a 1:9 twist. Trigger was a bit rough, but usable. Still tweaking it, but can get <1 inch groups @ 50 yds using iron sights.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #18

Actually,both of my Colts were sloppily assembled and poorly finished. Had the same problem with my Colt 1911. Think it was the series 80 or 70. It broke not long after I took it home.On the other hand my Python was a work of art,so to speak. I will not argue in any forum about any gun because it's totally subjective. If you like your gun,your car,or your underwear then why care what others think? Too bad that most of
us have to have one foot in the grave before we realize that false pride is so very ugly.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipjones54 View Post
Actually,both of my Colts were sloppily assembled and poorly finished. Had the same problem with my Colt 1911. Think it was the series 80 or 70. It broke not long after I took it home.On the other hand my Python was a work of art,so to speak. I will not argue in any forum about any gun because it's totally subjective. If you like your gun,your car,or your underwear then why care what others think? Too bad that most of
us have to have one foot in the grave before we realize that false pride is so very ugly.
Except its a widely excepted, proven fact that following milspec guidelines leads to better reliability and extended overall life.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

never had a problem with my Doublestar upper. My pops owns three of them and is building his fourth currently in .204 Ruger.

Closed Thread