Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Good ar-15 kits?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Default Good ar-15 kits?

Can anyone tell me some good brands of ar-15 kits? So far I'm looking at RRA. I'd like to spend around $800 for the kit

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 468

Palmetto State Armory sells build kits, if you can catch them in stock.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #3

Any other places besides there? Any places that sell full build kits? Lower and uppers

Old 03-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Bravo Company! PSA's prices are always lower, but I'm betting that BCM's quality is higher. RRA is awesome, too! I bought a Del-Ton upper, but I'm not sure they have complete kits.

Good luck...you'll need it!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #5

Liked 207 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 261

Doublestar too, if you can get them.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #6

Liked 940 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 924

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbcruz12 View Post
Any other places besides there? Any places that sell full build kits? Lower and uppers
Why even bother with a kit if that's what you want? Might as well look at complete rifles. Usually people at least buy a stripped lower and build that up.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Why even bother with a kit if that's what you want? Might as well look at complete rifles. Usually people at least buy a stripped lower and build that up.
I just want to be able to put the entire rifle together myself. But I know what you mean. I may just get a stripped lower and go that route.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Few manufacturers offer an AR-15 "kit" because there are so many different options available for AR type rifles.

You should simply order the parts or the complete firearm that is configured to your liking. Almost all AR type parts interchange so you can mix and match and have everything fit.

Ordering the parts and assembling your own AR lets you install the features that you want, and can help you save money. Federal Excise tax is paid on the total purchases price when you buy a complete fully assembled rifle, or the total purchases price when you buy a lower receiver. The manufacture pays the tax for you so it is included in the price of a complete fully assembled rifle, or a lower. If you buy a bare lower only, you pay the least amount of Excise Tax because the tax does not apply to the purchase of the other parts, when bought separately from the lower. You can also save money by watching for sale prices and for free or reduced shipping offers. If you order on-line, you often also do not pay state sales taxes.

I built a nice AR using Internet retailers and saved on Federal Excise Taxes, state sales taxes, shipping charges, and I bought my parts over a period of time when almost everything was on sale.

Last edited by 1911Jeeper; 03-17-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Jeeper
Few manufacturers offer an AR-15 "kit" because there are so many different options available for AR type rifles.

You should simply order the parts or the complete firearm that is configured to your liking. Almost all AR type parts interchange so you can mix and match and have everything fit.

Ordering the parts and assembling your own AR lets you install the features that you want, and can help you save money. Federal Excise tax is paid on the total purchases price when you buy a complete fully assembled rifle, or the total purchases price when you buy a lower receiver. The manufacture pays the tax for you so it is included in the price of a complete fully assembled rifle, or a lower. If you buy a bare lower only, you pay the least amount of Excise Tax because the tax does apply to the purchase of the other parts, when bought separately from the lower. You can also save money by watching for sale prices and for free or reduced shipping offers. If you order on-line, you often also do not pay state sales taxes.

I built a nice AR using Internet retailers and saved on Federal Excise Taxes, state sales taxes, shipping charges, and I bought my parts over a period of time when almost everything was on sale.
Let's see your rifle!!!

Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #10

Frontier Armory complete polymer ar-15 lower receiver with m4 buttstock. Good brand? Cause its a great price! $109.00 plus $7.95 shipping

image-1269902776.jpg