Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Good ar-15 kits? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/good-ar-15-kits-86228/)

kjbcruz12 03-10-2013 06:52 PM

Good ar-15 kits?

Can anyone tell me some good brands of ar-15 kits? So far I'm looking at RRA. I'd like to spend around $800 for the kit

Gatoragn 03-10-2013 11:04 PM

Palmetto State Armory sells build kits, if you can catch them in stock.

kjbcruz12 03-12-2013 04:13 AM

Any other places besides there? Any places that sell full build kits? Lower and uppers

CHLChris 03-12-2013 04:22 AM

Bravo Company! PSA's prices are always lower, but I'm betting that BCM's quality is higher. RRA is awesome, too! I bought a Del-Ton upper, but I'm not sure they have complete kits.

Good luck...you'll need it!

fsted2a 03-16-2013 04:46 PM

Doublestar too, if you can get them.

Quentin 03-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbcruz12 (Post 1173025)
Any other places besides there? Any places that sell full build kits? Lower and uppers

Why even bother with a kit if that's what you want? Might as well look at complete rifles. Usually people at least buy a stripped lower and build that up.

kjbcruz12 03-16-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin

Why even bother with a kit if that's what you want? Might as well look at complete rifles. Usually people at least buy a stripped lower and build that up.

I just want to be able to put the entire rifle together myself. But I know what you mean. I may just get a stripped lower and go that route.

1911Jeeper 03-16-2013 10:33 PM

Few manufacturers offer an AR-15 "kit" because there are so many different options available for AR type rifles.

You should simply order the parts or the complete firearm that is configured to your liking. Almost all AR type parts interchange so you can mix and match and have everything fit.

Ordering the parts and assembling your own AR lets you install the features that you want, and can help you save money. Federal Excise tax is paid on the total purchases price when you buy a complete fully assembled rifle, or the total purchases price when you buy a lower receiver. The manufacture pays the tax for you so it is included in the price of a complete fully assembled rifle, or a lower. If you buy a bare lower only, you pay the least amount of Excise Tax because the tax does not apply to the purchase of the other parts, when bought separately from the lower. You can also save money by watching for sale prices and for free or reduced shipping offers. If you order on-line, you often also do not pay state sales taxes.

I built a nice AR using Internet retailers and saved on Federal Excise Taxes, state sales taxes, shipping charges, and I bought my parts over a period of time when almost everything was on sale.

kjbcruz12 03-16-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911Jeeper
Few manufacturers offer an AR-15 "kit" because there are so many different options available for AR type rifles.

You should simply order the parts or the complete firearm that is configured to your liking. Almost all AR type parts interchange so you can mix and match and have everything fit.

Ordering the parts and assembling your own AR lets you install the features that you want, and can help you save money. Federal Excise tax is paid on the total purchases price when you buy a complete fully assembled rifle, or the total purchases price when you buy a lower receiver. The manufacture pays the tax for you so it is included in the price of a complete fully assembled rifle, or a lower. If you buy a bare lower only, you pay the least amount of Excise Tax because the tax does apply to the purchase of the other parts, when bought separately from the lower. You can also save money by watching for sale prices and for free or reduced shipping offers. If you order on-line, you often also do not pay state sales taxes.

I built a nice AR using Internet retailers and saved on Federal Excise Taxes, state sales taxes, shipping charges, and I bought my parts over a period of time when almost everything was on sale.

Let's see your rifle!!!

kjbcruz12 03-17-2013 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frontier Armory complete polymer ar-15 lower receiver with m4 buttstock. Good brand? Cause its a great price! $109.00 plus $7.95 shipping

Attachment 91052