Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Geissele w/ KNS pins?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Geissele w/ KNS pins?

okay, I've tried to do my research…I've googled the heck out of this and read dozens of threads of people arguing across different forums…

and it looks like Bill Geissele himself recommends NOT using KNS pins with his triggers because they are slightly a different size and not as strong

…I read this in a few forums, but the threads were all started back in like 2008-2009. This was before the Super Dynamic line came out…

to get down to it, my questions is, 'is it okay to use KNS pins with the Geissele Super Dynamic Combat trigger?'

Mr. Geissele gave two reasons for not using KNS pins…they are too small (his pins are slightly larger) and not hard enough (his pins are specially treated and extremely tough)

BUT, that was 5 or 6 years ago when he said that…

AS OF NOW, on Geissele.com the SD-C trigger says that it uses a standard mil-spec pin size.
and if thats the case then problem #1 is solved, because so does KNS.

secondly, the KNS pins I want to use are the KNS Gen ST version which are "the strongest pins that can be produced" according to KNS. And these pins weren't around when Mr. Geissele made those statements.

heres a link to the pins:

http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gen-st-non-rotating-trigger-hammer-pins-154-diameter-dark-earth.html

heres a link to the SD-C trigger:

http://geissele.com/super-dynamic-combat-trigger.html

I KNOW THE PINS WILL WORK, BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF I THERE WILL BE ANY NEGATIVE EFFECTS FROM USING THEM. OTHERS HAVE SAID IT IS POSSIBLE IT DAMAGES THE TRIGGER SOMEHOW…

and I know a lot of people out there hate KNS pins. thats fine. go ahead. don't use them. But i've had my pins walk out on me and fall into the receiver..twice.

yes, even after I made sure it was installed correctly. So i will continue to use KNS pins in EVERY build.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 347 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Why do you want to use KNS pins?

NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
Why do you want to use KNS pins?
because i have had triggers pins walk out and fall into the receiver of my gun..

let me guess, you're going to say "well you didn't have the trigger installed correctly"…

wrong, i reinstalled it two more times and it kept happening…

then i ordered new trigger pins…

it still happened..

im guessing my lower is out of spec…one was a bravo company lower and one was a spikes tactical lower..(using daniel defense LPK)

i don't care if people think KNS pins are a waste of money…I'm going to use them on all of my builds

Old 06-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19519 Times on 11080 Posts
Likes Given: 49147

this thread seems pretty pointless in that sense.

you seem convinced they are useful for your needs and are going to use them regardless of what others say.

so what is the point of this thread, if you have already done your research and your mind is already made up?

People Like This 
Old 06-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
this thread seems pretty pointless in that sense.

you seem convinced they are useful for your needs and are going to use them regardless of what others say.

so what is the point of this thread, if you have already done your research and your mind is already made up?
can you not read?
this thread isn't about wether or not one should use KNS pins..

this thread is about whether they will work with a Geissele trigger or not..
i will use KNS pins regardless. And I will use a trigger that works with them. I'm just hoping to use something from Geissele.

do yourself a favor and read the posts and think before you start typing

Old 06-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 347 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Whoa dude!!! Take your ritalin. I wasn't going to criticize anything you had typed. But since you want to be a douche about it I guess I will answer your question for you your way.

Maybe next time you should read the interwebs a little better. Of course they'll work with your super fancy elitest trigger. I wouldn't use them but they will work. Again, what do I know because I just assume everything?

NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

People Like This 
Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2132 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Geissele is full of it! That is BS. The KNS Pins will improve even his triggers! KNS even ran a test for him and found them to be more than durable and an improvement. Of course the cantankerous old fart will not probably admit it but it is a fact. I know about the test!
Some people are overly impressed with themselves if you know what I mean!
Not saying at all that his triggers are not fine triggers! I also have several KNS Sets in my ARs and not one was not improved by installing them!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #8

Default Geissele w/ KNS pins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
Whoa dude!!! Take your ritalin. I wasn't going to criticize anything you had typed. But since you want to be a douche about it I guess I will answer your question for you your way.

Maybe next time you should read the interwebs a little better. Of course they'll work with your super fancy elitest trigger. I wouldn't use them but they will work. Again, what do I know because I just assume everything?

That was intended for Axxe.
I've received numerous rude and senseless remakes from over since I've been a member.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited by icallshotgun88; 06-30-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19519 Times on 11080 Posts
Likes Given: 49147

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88 View Post
can you not read?
this thread isn't about wether or not one should use KNS pins..

this thread is about whether they will work with a Geissele trigger or not..
i will use KNS pins regardless. And I will use a trigger that works with them. I'm just hoping to use something from Geissele.

do yourself a favor and read the posts and think before you start typing
you already answered you own question.

which again, i'll point out makes this thread pointless.

don't get all butthurt simply because someone pointed out the obvious.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #10

I did NOT answer my own question.
My question is whether or not it's okay to use KNS pins with a Geissele trigger.

I will use KNS pins either way. But if it's not okay to use then with a Geissele trigger then I will pick a different trigger.

You should really stop typing.

You're starting to look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Closed Thread