Full length gas tube vs. midlength. - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Full length gas tube vs. midlength.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Ahhhhhh, you two are so sweet to each other.

It must be the beginning of summer. . . I can feel the warmth.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #52

This ar build is getting more and more expensive with all the suggestion lol xD but I know it will be one hell of an AR that I won't be able to buy pre-assembled at the same price. This isn't my personal defense AR or competition rifle so I don't really want to spend too much over the $800 range on it. I'm trying to stick to standard mil spec that's all lol. Though I really appreciate all the information I'm getting from you guys because if I have a chance to put together a quality rifle I will definitely know what is what now. I think I might have finalized on what I need. Waiting on someone about transferring the spike stripped lower from aim and my credit card lol. Hopefully I will have it complete within the next month or so.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #53

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

You can always build a baseline, mil-spec AR, and upgrade as you see fit and when you can afford it. . . (or whenever you get a credit line increase it sounds like )

First card isn't it? Be careful. . . I did not heed the warnings of others and I'm still paying 10+ years later.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
You can always build a baseline, mil-spec AR, and upgrade as you see fit and when you can afford it. . . (or whenever you get a credit line increase it sounds like )

First card isn't it? Be careful. . . I did not heed the warnings of others and I'm still paying 10+ years later.
Nah not my first card. I just didn't want to pay for all of this at one so I'm getting a new credit card with introductory APR so I can take my time with it. And you just really remind me that the AR is more upgradable. I think I might minimize my build a bit for now and just upgrade as I go and take my time with it.

PS: I was looking at daniel defense upper receiver group and they're much cheaper than BCM and they are all CFH barrels too bad they're all out of stock. Up to 6 weeks wait time if I want one T.T

Last edited by luan87us; 06-23-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 361 Posts

I found this thread and it answered many questions I haven't even asked yet, thought it deserved a bump.