Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Full length gas tube vs. midlength. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/full-length-gas-tube-vs-midlength-43943/)

Gojubrian 06-16-2011 04:59 PM

Full length gas tube vs. midlength.

I'm searching for a complete upper. for my purpose I've decided it's suited for a full length gas tube instead of a mid length. BUT, where the heck are they??!!??!

Am I out of line here? Just wanting to get different opinions.

I'll be using it for range use/ home perimeter type defense. Atleast, that's my plan. :)

Quentin 06-16-2011 05:03 PM

There should be no problem finding a rifle length gas system. You are talking about a 20" upper, right? Take a look at BCM and many others.

Gojubrian 06-16-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 523941)
There should be no problem finding a rifle length gas system. You are talking about a 20" upper, right? Take a look at BCM and many others.

I'm looking for a 16" upper.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. :o

mjkeat 06-16-2011 07:11 PM

Not a dumb question, just be careful. 16" barrels arent known to function all that great w/ gas ports at the rifle possition.

Gojubrian 06-16-2011 07:15 PM

What the flip is up with ALL the uppers out of stock/ 5-6week wait??!!

:mad:

mjkeat 06-16-2011 07:19 PM

I know how you feel Goju. Im ready to drop some cash on a new upper but cant find a Spikes, BCM, or DD. Well I know where to get a DD but dont want to wait 6 or more weeks. Who knows when the BCM or Spikes will be available.

Gojubrian 06-17-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 524020)
I know how you feel Goju. Im ready to drop some cash on a new upper but cant find a Spikes, BCM, or DD. Well I know where to get a DD but dont want to wait 6 or more weeks. Who knows when the BCM or Spikes will be available.

Well, at least America is armed well! There's a bunch of folks out there with AR's. Lol

JonM 06-17-2011 03:01 AM

rock river arms offers 16" barrels with midlength tubes

Dillinger 06-17-2011 03:10 AM

Goju and I were talking recently and he was looking for a full length gas system. That is what he is having trouble finding. The mid length are everywhere right now, as they are the flavor of the moment.

I think Goju and I will need to build him a full length upper with the luck we are having trying to find one in stock. :eek:

Car54 06-17-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 524020)

I just ordered a LMT upper Tuesday, tracking shows it to be at my house next Wednesday. Also, area51tactical.com sent me a "back in stock e-mail" saying Spikes 16" LE M4 are back in stock. Better hurry they go fast.