full auto ar15 - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > full auto ar15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

the best and cheapest way to put a lot of led down range is get a semi auto shotgun and shoot 00buck as fast as u can. up close thats far better than any full auto. except a full auto shotgun

Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #52
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Full auto fun shouldn't be restricted to those who can buy 50 cal rounds in the hundreds. With the price of NFA full auto weapons in the tens of thousands, all except the richest will have to wait awhile after purchasing one to afford enough ammo to do any serious firing. (Most generally end up being safe queens) But we all should have the CHOICE of having a full auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLH1961 View Post
People like different flavors of pizza. Some are fans of football, others prefer basketball.
It's really nothing more than someone's personal taste. Myself, I have no real desire nor interest to shoot full auto again. I like the rifle style, but don't care about being able to ride a magazine empty faster than I can wipe my nose.
if you can legally own a fully automatic weapon, and can afford the weapon and ammo, then by all means go for it. but in reality, there is no argument or reason that you can give me as to any reasoning, that there is a practical use for the average person to owning a fully automatic weapon. bragging rights? wow you spent a bunch of money for an impractical gun, yeah i'm impressed!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #53

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
if you can legally own a fully automatic weapon, and can afford the weapon and ammo, then by all means go for it. but in reality, there is no argument or reason that you can give me as to any reasoning, that there is a practical use for the average person to owning a fully automatic weapon. bragging rights? wow you spent a bunch of money for an impractical gun, yeah i'm impressed!
There's no practical reason to own a two seat sports car like a Ferrarri, either, but there's people buying them.
It's not a case of 'practical', it's a case of 'fun'. It's their money, let them have a ball with it.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #54

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 356

Quote:
There's no practical reason to own a two seat sports car like a Ferrarri, either, but there's people buying them.
It's not a case of 'practical', it's a case of 'fun'. It's their money, let them have a ball with it.

FINALLY!!! Someone said it like it is. Amen, brother.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #55

Quote:
no practical reason other than to impress! when i was much younger, i liked to impress too, but getting older and wiser, i like practical things. i have had many corvettes and even a porsche once, and i now drive a dodge 4x4 that can go anywhere i need to and places you can't take a sports car! why do i need a car that goes 200mph? none. would i ever buy another sports car or fully automatic weapon? probably not. if a person wants to spend their money on such things, then that is their choice and i support their right to do such, but i for one have been there, done that and choose not to anymore. my point was, there is no practical reason to own such things. fun yes, practical no.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #56

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I think he ment support weapons to include SAWs, M60s, 240s, etc...
I did, thanks.

And Offer to give back my 240B and I'm jumping on the full auto train. But 3 round burst from my AR would be as far as I go. It doesn't matter how many rounds you can shoot if nome of them hit. Like a 4x4. It doesn't matter how fast you can drive on a flat surface, can you travel outside of that minimal percentage of paved roads. Not to mention bad neighborhoods, lol

And while I think everyone should be able to have as many of whatever they Can muster, cause that's freedom, it won't happen, so sadly it's easier for a guy like me to say its just plain impractical than to have my illusions of owning one squashed by my wallet...and my government.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #57

I have always wanted an AR since the first time I helt one. When I finally got one I figured what the hell, add the stock! You guys are right...would cost a fortune to shoot. I have restrained myself and only unloaded 2 clips in "full auto". I have burped a few 3-4 round burst. But it has a selector on stock that locks it for "semi" use and that is where it will generally stay.
Do I "need" it?...no. Can I afford to shoot it? Haha. Not often. But the look on my buddies face when I dumped 30 rds in 2 seconds.....PRICELESS!!!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 AM   #58

my point was, no one can give a practical reason for owning a fully automatic weapon. like i said before, if you can buy one legally and can afford the ammo, then by all means, go for it. from my personal standpoint, i just don't have any need for such a weapon. i with the other poster who would prefer the three round burst, way more practical, but by BATF standards, still classified as fully automatic. would i ever buy an automatic weapon, probably not. would i ever fire off several mags from one if the occasion ever came up, you bet i would! just for the fun of it.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #59

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
my point was, no one can give a practical reason for owning a fully automatic weapon. like i said before, if you can buy one legally and can afford the ammo, then by all means, go for it. From my personal standpoint, i just don't have any need for such a weapon. i with the other poster who would prefer the three round burst, way more practical, but by batf standards, still classified as fully automatic. would i ever buy an automatic weapon, probably not. Would i ever fire off several mags from one if the occasion ever came up, you bet i would! Just for the fun of it.
practical reason #1: Big bad wolf has "auto" capabilities, and he's @ ur door asking u to "hand over" all of ur firearms;

practical reason #2: Hey guys, watch this!

Practical reason #3: Refer back to reason(s) 1 and 2!

IF THERE IS NO PRACTICAL REASON FOR "FULL AUTO," THEN WHY DO THE BIG BAD WOLVES NEED IT?

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 09-29-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
practical reason #1: Big bad wolf has "auto" capabilities, and he's @ ur door asking u to "hand over" all of ur firearms;

practical reason #2: Hey guys, watch this!

Practical reason #3: Refer back to reason(s) 1 and 2!

IF THERE IS NO PRACTICAL REASON FOR "FULL AUTO," THEN WHY DO THE BIG BAD WOLVES NEED IT?
you still haven't listed a practical reason! how many bad guys you expecting at one time to show up at your door? and IMO, if the bad guys show up with fully automatics, i'll pick them off one at a time when they have wasted their ammo and are trying to reload! you apparently believe in the spray and pray philosophy, but i believe in accurate shots are way more important and effective.