Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > full auto ar15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

Same thing happened with Mr Atkins (google Atkins Accelerator).
I thought the Atkins had a spring (of which I understood to be the reason banned)

The stock I have has no spring. So I dunno...

Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #42

Liked 200 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidFireAR15 View Post
I thought the Atkins had a spring (of which I understood to be the reason banned)

The stock I have has no spring. So I dunno...
Depends on which BATFEC agent you talk to. They have changed their opinions more than once. The main concern I have with the slide stock is the joker at the agency issued a similar letter to Mr Atkins before he started production, then later reneged, saying it was a machine gun, after he was in full production. Made him buy all the stocks and springs back, ruining him financially. The BATFEC generally ignores the concepts of our bill of rights, making up their own rules as they go. The government is prohibited from making "ex post facto" laws (retroactively applying the laws), but that doesn't seem to apply to the jackbooted goons of the BATFEC.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #43

So far it is looking like the Slide Fire stock may slide through legally with the BATFEC, although 350 bucks vs 50 cents for a rubber band seems kinda high. But if you have the money for the ammo, it may not seem as bad. I can't complain, I like to tinker myself, and have made stuff just to be different. My next build, I want to try to find an M16A2 LSW upper, and build an AR around it, just to have something a that not everyone and his brother has.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #44

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Personally an AR does not need to be full auto. Although I did enjoy three round burst. Automatics should be left to mounted big caliber MGs. Otherwise my finger and semi auto are just fine.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 AM   #45
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19480 Times on 11065 Posts
Likes Given: 49082

what are the benefits of full auto for the average person? seems like a waste of ammo to me. as i have shot fully automatic weapons in the past, they are fun, but IMO, very impratical. the way i see it, is that a fully automatic version of the semi automatic is going to cost you 3-4 times as much to buy it plus the permit fee, and unless you had rich relative that left you several truckloads of money to buy ammo, i just don't see the upside of owning a fully automatic weapon.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #46

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
what are the benefits of full auto for the average person? seems like a waste of ammo to me. as i have shot fully automatic weapons in the past, they are fun, but IMO, very impratical. the way i see it, is that a fully automatic version of the semi automatic is going to cost you 3-4 times as much to buy it plus the permit fee, and unless you had rich relative that left you several truckloads of money to buy ammo, i just don't see the upside of owning a fully automatic weapon.
bragging rites

Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post
Personally an AR does not need to be full auto. Although I did enjoy three round burst. Automatics should be left to mounted big caliber MGs. Otherwise my finger and semi auto are just fine.
Full auto fun shouldn't be restricted to those who can buy 50 cal rounds in the hundreds. With the price of NFA full auto weapons in the tens of thousands, all except the richest will have to wait awhile after purchasing one to afford enough ammo to do any serious firing. (Most generally end up being safe queens) But we all should have the CHOICE of having a full auto.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #48

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Full auto fun shouldn't be restricted to those who can buy 50 cal rounds in the hundreds. With the price of NFA full auto weapons in the tens of thousands, all except the richest will have to wait awhile after purchasing one to afford enough ammo to do any serious firing. (Most generally end up being safe queens) But we all should have the CHOICE of having a full auto.
I think he ment support weapons to include SAWs, M60s, 240s, etc...

Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I think he ment support weapons to include SAWs, M60s, 240s, etc...
OK; I'll buy that. When someone says heavy, I usually think 50 cal or bigger. I beleive all law abiding citizens should be able to convert their AR, AK, etc to select fire if they have somewhere to shoot them..

Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #50

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
People like different flavors of pizza. Some are fans of football, others prefer basketball.
It's really nothing more than someone's personal taste. Myself, I have no real desire nor interest to shoot full auto again. I like the rifle style, but don't care about being able to ride a magazine empty faster than I can wipe my nose.