Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > full auto ar15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3689 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

The shoulder fired, wire guided, Dragon-Anti Tank Missile was pretty fun too at $15,000 per trigger pull!

TACK

PS-Gotta join the military to play with these too.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #12

Liked 3689 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectweapon View Post
Like i said, I'm new here. what do you mean by "troll alert"
Troll: "A person who posts a deliberately provocative message to the forum with the intention of causing disruption and/or argument with or without contributing to the content of the thread."

I would expand this definition to include post requesting advice on illegal activity, which is exactly what you did. Most member here consist of sportsmen, LEO's, those who exercise their right to self defense, and folks new to this culture looking to learn from the experience gathered here.

As stated previously, converting a semi auto rifle to full auto is HIGHLY illegal.

TACK

Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Troll: "A person who posts a deliberately provocative message to the forum with the intention of causing disruption and/or argument with or without contributing to the content of the thread."

I would expand this definition to include post requesting advice on illegal activity, which is exactly what you did. Most member here consist of sportsmen, LEO's, those who exercise their right to self defense, and folks new to this culture looking to learn from the experience gathered here.

As stated previously, converting a semi auto rifle to full auto is HIGHLY illegal.
TACK
Not to mention ATF seriously frowns on that stuff, so you'll need to hide your wife, son & dog!

ETA: Now that I thinks about it, it was probably ATF doing the trolling to see if they could get any bites.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 09-01-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Not without the services of a machine shop and a lawyer.

The machine shop, since current AR style rifles cannot have full auto fire control parts "drop in" to place.

The lawyer, because what you are describing is the "manufacture of a machine gun". With the exception of special licensed manufacturers of full auto weapons, doing that is good for 10 years in a Federal prison, and a fine of not more than $250,000. And the loss of your rights to ever own ANY firearm.

General category of REALLY bad ideas.

In the meantime, stop over by the intro thread, and say hi. Good forum, some good folks here. Stick around for a bit.
Good advice from c3shooter! I like it. Concise and to the point.
And by the way ... Welcome aboard!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
You can join the army and get one issued to you like I did.You get to play with a lot of other full auto things to and grenades and claymoores and laws.They will also teach you how to use all those things also.No gun range pretend sniper commando stuff the real thing.And best of all the ammos free.
I wish i decided to join the military after high school instead of going off to college now =p oh well lol

Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #16

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I wish i decided to join the military after high school instead of going off to college now =p oh well lol
You can do both!

Well, I only took a few college classes in the service but then used the GI Bill to go on.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
You can do both!

Well, I only took a few college classes in the service but then used the GI Bill to go on.
With the shape i'm in right now I doubt they'll accept me again hahaha. I was accepted for Air Force dammit shoulda take the offer.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #18

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver

Not to mention ATF seriously frowns on that stuff, so you'll need to hide your wife, son & dog!

ETA: Now that I thinks about it, it was probably ATF doing the trolling to see if they could get any bites.
Oh I wouldn't be SO surprised..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FirearmsTalk

Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #19

Hello everyone.
I was told if I wanted to fire a higher grain bullet like a 55grain 5.56
I needed to change the barrel from 1.9 twist to a 1.7 twist is that right and what else would I need to change. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #20

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectweapon View Post
Hello everyone.
I was told if I wanted to fire a higher grain bullet like a 55grain 5.56
I needed to change the barrel from 1.9 twist to a 1.7 twist is that right and what else would I need to change. Thanks.
Not really...a 1:7 or 1:9, even a 1:12 is fine for a 55gr. Too much twist and the bullet could come apart in flight, too little and it won't stabilize it's rotation and will wobble to the target. The 1:7 was developed for the shorter barrel M4 firing a 62 gr tracer round.

Check out Sniper03's sticky on the subject of barrel twist and bullet weights.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/understanding-barrel-twist-bullet-weights-44557/

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington