Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Full auto ar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
In combat where we could only carry a very limited amount of ammo, I would have only used auto. fire under direst of circumstances like being overrun by a large commie horde.

Additionally as stated above, full auto. fire is a huge waste of ammo, especially if you're the one paying the bill.
Yeah, true, but when we have the lesbian zombie apocolypse, the only way to kill them will be to sever their spinal cord at the neck, and it may take a few rounds to do that.
Seriously, I know that the best use of the AR is to be able to put 3 rounds in the space of a pin head at 100 yards with iron sights only, but sometimes I gotta cut loose with a burst of wasted ammo ,and the rubber band is the cheapest way to go when I get a case of the stupids. Fortunately, it doesn't happen too often, due to lack of money.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 214 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762 View Post
US ARMY ARMORER HERE. just fyi. an ar 15 (with its original parts) CANNOT be modified to function fa like an m16. parts must be replaced and added (bolt carrier, auto sear, hammer, disconnecter, etc)
Actually, there are a couple of ways to do this without grinding, machining, or milling. A REGISTERED lightning link will turn an AR into a full auto. If you have a REGISTERED drop in auto sear, you can put a full house of M16 parts in your AR and it will function as a normal select fire. The key word is REGISTERED, and those are running anywhere from 7-10 thousand bucks, as no more machine guns were allowed after the 1986 infamous "Hughes" amendment, (drop in auto sears and lightning links were considered machine guns by themselves),plus the $500 atf transfer fee, which can take from 3-6 months for approval.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin