Frustrated Buyer
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Frustrated Buyer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default Frustrated Buyer

Whether its looking for a kit or a fully assembled rifle, all the good deals are out of stock everywhere! I've been looking for a M16 with a 20" barrel (preferably chrome lined) and carry handle, 1 in 9 twist rate. There are some great deals for $650, and I consider it a good deal up to $750. But no matter the model or company they are all out of stock and won't be in for AT LEAST a month.

Anyone have any idea why? Has there been a run on AR15s lately?

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Not too many manufacturers have a stock of AR's due to the increased popularity and demand. Even though most are quoting a few months delivery time many are getting them sooner than that.

These may not be exactly what you are looking for but it's more info -
1. Stag Arms
2. Rock River Arms: .223/5.56mm CAR A4 Kits
3. http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=1065&cat=1739

Have you given any thought on building your own? How about building a lower and ordering a complete upper? With the AR platform the choices are limitless.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I can save a lot of money by building one myself, I can get one together for as low as $570. Now, building can be a pain in the neck, and doesn't have the guarantee to go bang like a factory built and headspaced rifle. However, I have my current dilemma, where the factory rifles are either overpriced or unavailable.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
I can save a lot of money by building one myself, I can get one together for as low as $570. Now, building can be a pain in the neck, and doesn't have the guarantee to go bang like a factory built and headspaced rifle. However, I have my current dilemma, where the factory rifles are either overpriced or unavailable.
Building is always an option as you state...if you are concerned about the upper then you can...A: buy a complete upper to pin to the lower you build, B: buy a barrelled receiver and finish up on the fore end, sights, etc or C: buy the parts and have a gunsmith headspace the barrel for you.

More than one way to skin a cat...and save a few bucks in the process.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #5

Liked 728 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 756

You can buy mine! PM me.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #6

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

There definitely has been a shortage lately, especially if you're wanting BCM or Daniel Defense - they always seem to be out of stock.

A lot of talk about what's going on, many think it's temporary - a lot of tax returns used to buy guns while others another buying spree is on. Prices are going up and maybe people want to buy now.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.