Front Sling Mount for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Optics Ready Rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Front Sling Mount for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Optics Ready Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Front Sling Mount for a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Optics Ready Rifle

I recently just bought a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Optics Ready rifle...I plan on using a two point sling for the rifle, but I just noticed it doesn't have a front sling mount on it. I called Smith&Wesson and they recommend checking with after market dealers. But I've looked at local gun shops and at a local Cabela's and they all have the same answer..."we don't carry any parts like that"....I noticed there's a small threading under the front sight mount on the rifle but all the front sling mounts I've seen have bolts way too long for it. Anyone here buy this same rifle and solve this dilemma?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #2

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

I'm sure Brownells (click above) has a big selection. It's pretty hit or miss here too in local shops. Last time I couldn't find a riser I googled it and got lots of hits so you might try that as well. There are a lot of choices so look for something you really like.

And welcome too!

Old 09-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is the one I've been considering, Rail Mount Sling Loop from Blue Force Gear.

Blue Force Gear Link

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Of course I just realized your rifle likely does not have a railed fore-end.

One idea I found replaces the pivot pin with a pin that has a sling stud on it.

Here is the link: KNS Precision, Inc.: Pivot Pin with Sling Stud

There is also a universal wire loop setup that attaches around the hand guard. Advance to 2:04 in the video to see installation of the wire loop.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 09-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies guys...I'm gonna check out these leads and let you know if I find a solution.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
DWW

I also have a S&W M&P 15OR Rifle.Smith & Wesson told me a couple of years ago when I bought mine that the Gas Block was made by Troy Industries.Troy makes a sling attachment that snaps into the hole on the bottom of the gas block.I believe it's the one in the below link but you might email Troy to be sure.

http://troyind.com/%20/battleslings/troy-s-s-q-d-swivel-sling-mount

Last edited by DWW; 04-10-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #7

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Welcome gospeedgo66, and DWW, thanks for your FTF input. We'd like to have you hang around here on the forum, so when you get a chance head over to the introduction thread and let us know a bit about you.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.