Free Floating Rail system Length - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Free Floating Rail system Length

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Remove the muzzle devise, slide off that railed gas block, remove the delta ring or purchase a barrel nut w/o a ring, install a low profile gas block (YHM makes a micro block and use loctite on the set screw), reinstall your muzzle devise and lastly install your rail of choice (look for something that uses your stock barrel nut so you don't have to worry about torquing it back correctly). It's probably 30 minutes, less if you don't have to cut off the delta ring.

For your purpose a 13" rail would get you support hand out far enough.
I'm also looking into a free float system...How would I know if it would use my stock barrel nut?

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!