Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Found this lower today , anyone know anything about this company ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 975 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 1768

Default Found this lower today , anyone know anything about this company ?

I thought this was pretty neat and its not terrible far from me , might have to pick on up just wish it was a little bit cheaper , anyone know anything about this company and how well they do business ? Or maybe who machines their lowers

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-07-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #2

I've read some reviews on them but don't have any personal experience with that company....
But what I did read sounded pretty good!

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #3

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 687

Looks good and seems machined nicely. Don't know anything specific about them though. If too expensive, lots of lowers from IL, ArmaLite and RRA for starters.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The owners (Bill & Al) of Ratworx are personal friends of mine.

http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagHome.aspx

You will not find better gentlemen to deal with in the firearms trade...period.

Don't quote me, but I think Sonju Industries manufactures their lowers.
They are great quality lowers.

http://www.sonjuind.com/about.html

Here is a page with the latest AR related news from them.

http://www.sonju.net/index.html

Be Well.

Last edited by neilage66; 02-08-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Looks good and seems machined nicely. Don't know anything specific about them though. If too expensive, lots of lowers from IL, ArmaLite and RRA for starters.
It wasnt terrible expensive $135 . I did call to see if I could get a break on 10 of them and they offered me free shipping on them , which was better than a swift kick in the balls I guess . I was just looking for a different lower than you dont see a whole lot of that I think has a unique roll mark . I think Im going to go ahead and pick on up and sit on it for a while . They seemed like pretty straight up people but they really werent interested in telling me who was machining their lowers, I cant say I blame them. I just wanted to make sure it was from a quality manufacturer thats all.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:53 AM   #6

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
It wasnt terrible expensive $135 . I did call to see if I could get a break on 10 of them and they offered me free shipping on them , which was better than a swift kick in the balls I guess . I was just looking for a different lower than you dont see a whole lot of that I think has a unique roll mark . I think Im going to go ahead and pick on up and sit on it for a while . They seemed like pretty straight up people but they really werent interested in telling me who was machining their lowers, I cant say I blame them. I just wanted to make sure it was from a quality manufacturer thats all.
Not saying it effects quality of the lower but the rollmark is not all that unique...actually it borders on a trademark infringement on Springfield Armory's centuries old logo...just sayin.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #7

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Not saying it effects quality of the lower but the rollmark is not all that unique...actually it borders on a trademark infringement on Springfield Armory's centuries old logo...just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Wow, no doubt about it!

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #8

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

O.o

I dunn. Id bw more worried about getting a cease and desist order from Disney....

Old 02-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
O.o

I dunn. Id bw more worried about getting a cease and desist order from Disney....
LOL didnt think about that , Guess that gives me a good reason to get one ordered then huh

Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I love the SA logo, i think its pretty cool Glad someone said something cuz that was the first thing that came to mind

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"