Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Found a Lower I want but ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/found-lower-i-want-but-104067/)

Triumphman 02-16-2014 04:23 AM

Found a Lower I want but ?

It's a Billet Lower from FTW(F*%K The World) "SHTF" Receiver. Found Pics on Joe Bob's Outfitters which is what led me to them.
Apparently it's from Quentin Defense, but I don't know anything about FTW as a Company(Wichita Kansas) nor QD as a Manufacturer.

If anybody has any info on either, I would really appreciate it. I live just across the State Line from them, so a little trip would be likely if this looks good and I can walk in/out with Lower in hand.

Just wanting something a little different over the usual Rollmarks out there, but quality of the Receiver is most important.

If things look good, this will be joined up with a new PSA Premium Madness Upper Assembly, LPK and other accessories I have ordered.

JonM 02-16-2014 04:51 AM

Never heard anything negative about quentin defense. Never heard of ftw at all.

Quentin 02-16-2014 05:13 AM

I have a Quentin Defense billet lower, their US Army Edition and it's very well made. Flared magwell and excellent fit/finish. (They do the other armed services as well.) I finished it with a PSA LBK and currently it has a PSA madness midlength upper. Perfect fit, functions well, no complaints. The QD finish is satiny like my S&W lower and Daniel Defense upper while my PSA and BCM uppers are more matte.

Don't know anything about FTW but I expect QD does the rollmark for them. Any vets reading, you really should look at the military editions!

BTW, I have no affiliation with QD other than as a customer.

Axxe55 02-16-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1507665)
I have a Quentin Defense billet lower, their US Army Edition and it's very well made. Flared magwell and excellent fit/finish. (They do the other armed services as well.) I finished it with a PSA LBK and currently it has a PSA madness midlength upper. Perfect fit, functions well, no complaints. The QD finish is satiny like my S&W lower and Daniel Defense upper while my PSA and BCM uppers are more matte.

Don't know anything about FTW but I expect QD does the rollmark for them. Any vets reading, you really should look at the military editions!

BTW, I have no affiliation with QD other than as a customer.

sure you're not a silent partner?:D

Argyle_Armoring 02-16-2014 05:49 AM

Of course you can always get a SWAT Firearms billet lower. They're made in Texas and I sell them all the time. I sell the SWAT billet lowers for $189.

Quentin 02-16-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1507679)
sure you're not a silent partner?:D

Nope, not even that!

But I will admit I used to live right down the road from QD, in Gilbert, AZ!

Axxe55 02-16-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1507683)
Nope, not even that!

But I will admit I used to live right down the road from QD, in Gilbert, AZ!

maybe they are relatives you didn't know you had!:D

i have heard of the company before and usually have heard good things about them.

sweeper22 02-16-2014 07:58 AM

I built on a QD, and it was of excellent quality. I'd absolutely buy from them again.

Bottom line: If the price and rollmark work for you, buy away. I see no reason to deter you.

Triumphman 02-16-2014 03:21 PM

Thanks Guys. FTW is apparently a local Coating's Business and decided they would come out with their own version of a Lower Rollmark and joined with Quentin Defense as the Manufacturer.

bluez 02-16-2014 03:43 PM

Anytime you ahve a billet lower you are doing well :)