Flip up sights - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Flip up sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I have a magpul BUIS and a troy BUIS, In all honesty I wish I would have went magpul on both rifles. If I was using a front sight on a gas block I would be using troy other wise its pretty hard to beat the magpul sights , they sit low when closed , simple lever to open up and just push them down to close, The Troy I have to flip up with is no big deal but you have to push the slide in to close it , again no big deal . both very well made .
Just watch out for the china made PTS airsoft replicas , buy from a reputable dealer

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-29-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I have a magpul BUIS and a troy BUIS, In all honesty I wish I would have went magpul on both rifles. If I was using a front sight on a gas block I would be using troy other wise its pretty hard to beat the magpul sights , they sit low when closed , simple lever to open up and just push them down to close, The Troy I have to flip up with is no big deal but you have to push the slide in to close it , again no big deal . both very well made .
Just watch out for the china made PTS airsoft replicas , buy from a reputable dealer
The PTS line are not knock-offs. They are actually licenced by Magpul and can be found on their site. I have a pair. Although I can't find any difference between the two lines the PTS are said to be produced in a different factory.

That said I probably wouldn't purchase another set to sit in the parts box next to the others.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I have Magpul MBUS flip up sights on my carbine and got to use them for the first time last weekend. They worked great right out of the package. Worth the $83 (to me).