First personal build (Punisher AR)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > First personal build (Punisher AR)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Default First personal build (Punisher AR)

I've built a few AR15s for friends and customers but never personally had the funds to build one of my own. That is about the Change, ran into some money from selling/trading a violin. I've been done quite a bit of research and contemplating on what exactly I want.

Originally I had a delton m4 rifle kit on backorder, I came across JSE surplus and instantly changed my mind because from a few ftf members informed me on their great quality, service and they have awesome deals. After said conversation I immediately ordered a JSE M4 upper with dti cl heavy barrel (which they had in stock )

From there I also came up with the idea to make it into a Punisher AR which is very common, I know but I have been a huge pubisher since I was a kid. So far I have ordered the punusher charging handle, dust cover and already have the take down pins with the skull on them. I also have set up to get my Charles Daly Defense lower (got a deal from lgs) to get laser engraved with the punisher skull along with 'Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum' on the blank side of the mag well.

As for everything else I have selected a Daniel defense lower parts kit and magpul stock, grip, foregrip, vertical grip and trigger guard.

I have everything needed to get it together except the upper and lower parts kit. Hopefully it ships out this week like expected. It's going to be a long road until I deem it finished. I will keep you all updated and have plenty of questions thanks ftf!

forumrunner_20121001_130616.jpg
Parts that I have in hand

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like an excellent start to what will be a great rifle. I look forward to following your progress as it goes.

JD

Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 660

Very cool.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #4

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

You're definitely off to a great start! You've got done fantastic parts listed there. Can't wait to see it when it comes together!!

Didn't your upper come complete? Can't think of anything you should have to add as far as an upper parts kit goes.

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #5

Just got the email that the upper shipped. But yes I did order a complete upper, i meant to say that I ordered the lower parts kit along with the upper.

As soon as I get the parts in I will be putting it together, might have to get it on video.

Thanks guys, I will post as many pictures as possible

Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #6

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Awesome. JSE will quickly make a name for themselves as word gets out!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #7

In the most recent cheaper than dirt magazine they had two pages of jse uppers

Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #8

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 983

Charles Daly used to make a wonderful lower. Sorry to see them close their doors. Honestly, it's a shame to mess up such a fine lower with etching. The DD LPK and Magul stock/receiver extension, etc. are wise choices. I'm not as high on the upper but hope it works out well for you. Generic HBARs do tend to get replaced down the road.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Charles Daly used to make a wonderful lower. Sorry to see them close their doors. Honestly, it's a shame to mess up such a fine lower with etching. The DD LPK and Magul stock/receiver extension, etc. are wise choices. I'm not as high on the upper but hope it works out well for you. Generic HBARs do tend to get replaced down the road.
I've heard great things about the cdd lower, my lgs has one left that I may have to get before someone else does

Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #10

The upper receiver and lpk will be here tomorrow! Plenty of pics to come once it gets here and I start the build, most likely will be done by end of tomorrow night