First build started! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > First build started!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1118 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
Damn guys,

I have theSTR and didn't even notice that. Now I need a QD. Thanks for pulling my head out............
Yeah the ACS is the one that just has the hole, so you have to buy the QD mount and install. The STR and CTR come with the mount ready to go.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sooo.....pretty pissed off right now I am having some issues with my magwell not dropping mags, not only is it not dropping mags I have to almost beat my pmags in and the colt mags will drop about half way out then hang up.....I have been reading and people say to use sand paper so I started with 400 and have worked all the way down to using a 80 because I was seeing no results..please help...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:23 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Oh no... I have heard of recent complaints with CMMG lowers sticking. I'd contact them and see what they say.

ETA:

Here's a recent thread on the issue:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109608

Note post #13, it might help.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Last edited by Quentin; 07-31-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Oh no... I have heard of recent complaints with CMMG lowers sticking. I'd contact them and see what they say.

ETA:

Here's a recent thread on the issue:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109608

Note post #13, it might help.
Thanks bud,

I have been sanding away and have made some but very little progress, thinking im just gonna give it to the gunsmith in the family and tell him to see if he cant fix it and go from there, if that fails I will definantly be calling. Im still going ahead with my build, I ordered everything from BCM today and will shoot away while we try and fix the issue. Just plain annoying to spend money on something and it not work right....

Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anybody know how long it takes for BCM to ship things off? I placed an order yesterday morning and have tried to call them with no luck, leaving for town monday and would hate for $900 worth of merchandise to be sitting on my front porch.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #16

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
Thanks bud,

I have been sanding away and have made some but very little progress, thinking im just gonna give it to the gunsmith in the family and tell him to see if he cant fix it and go from there, if that fails I will definantly be calling. Im still going ahead with my build, I ordered everything from BCM today and will shoot away while we try and fix the issue. Just plain annoying to spend money on something and it not work right....
Sanding on that hard anno is like sanding on a rock . tough to go anywhere . I would call cmmg and let them get you a new lower that one was obviously not machined correctly .
Just realized you got a blem lower , Sorry for your luck but it sounds like you get what you get on those deals .

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-31-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Anybody know how long it takes for BCM to ship things off? I placed an order yesterday morning and have tried to call them with no luck, leaving for town monday and would hate for $900 worth of merchandise to be sitting on my front porch.
They usually ship within a day. If you're close to WI you should be ok. To ID it took 5 business days via UPS ground.

If a problem I'm sure you can work something out with UPS.

______

Old 07-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
I ordered an upper, rails and some other parts, on Tuesday night after normal business hours, it was shipped on Wed and at my door on Friday. They sent it with signature required also.

BCM is awesome!

BCM lowers take 3-5 weeks but that's nothing compared to 6 months or longer from Spikes right now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help just got a email saying it had been shipped, im in GA so it shouldnt be a problem thats 6 days. Just an update on the magwell, I sat down this morning for an hour or so and just took my time and sanded with several different grits and then used some polishing compound followed by some CLP and then a light coat of graphite (only in corners of magwell) and the standard colt mags will drop free now and the pmags will drop about half way, Im sure as time goes on it may get better both magwell and pmags are brand new, if not I will sit down again and repeat the process. Had a talk with a guy at the LGS and he told me I should never put a BCM on something so crappy as my cmmg lower, he said I should buy a crappy upper to put on top of it then sell it and start over I smiled and told him to have a good day....some people

Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mine did not drop well till the build was finished. I don't know why but they didn't. Now they drop out very easy. What part of Ga are you in? I am from Winder area.