Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > first build on order!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default first build on order!

I'm so damn excited....so here's the list.

DD m4 v5 LW 16" w/ flp up sights urg
Spikes stripped lower
DD LPK
MAGPUL GRIP
MAGPUL PMAG x3
VLTOR A5 stock and extension combo kit
Magpul ambi sling attachment.
Magpul trigger guard (aluminum)
Lower vice

I think that's all. So you guys Def let me know if I forgot something!
BTW you fellas have been awesome in dealing with all my retarded questions for the past couple days...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Sounds great. Who are you going w/ for the LPK?

"flip up sights urg", huh?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #3

DD LPK and the upper receiver group with flip up sights. Option was no sights or flip up.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Now I see why your name is broke haha just kidding, sounds like you are ready to slap that puppy together and throw some lead down range!!! Good luck!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasman55
Now I see why your name is broke haha just kidding, sounds like you are ready to slap that puppy together and throw some lead down range!!! Good luck!!!
Lol. My buddies gave me that name when I was 20 and it stuck ever since. But yeah they say that too...

Old 12-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #6

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Sounds great, Broke. You ordered the rear MBUS sight too? Which sling BTW?

I'm curious why you didn't get the PSA lower... no prob, just curious.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Sounds great, Broke. You ordered the rear MBUS sight too? Which sling BTW?

I'm curious why you didn't get the PSA lower... no prob, just curious.
I ordered the upper with the flip up sight option so no MBUS. I just got the sling attachment, haven't decided on sling yet, but I like one magpul has out new for winter; can't remember the name though. I didn't go with PSA because I've heard from 3 people that spikes fit tighter and the PSA finish could be better. (plus I wanted the zombie edition lower from spikes with the "live-dead" select fire....) and to be completely honest I'm not sure what you mean with the acronym "MBUS" but whatever it is I didn't get it. Lol.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke124

I ordered the upper with the flip up sight option so no MBUS. I just got the sling attachment, haven't decided on sling yet, but I like one magpul has out new for winter; can't remember the name though. I didn't go with PSA because I've heard from 3 people that spikes fit tighter and the PSA finish could be better. (plus I wanted the zombie edition lower from spikes with the "live-dead" select fire....) and to be completely honest I'm not sure what you mean with the acronym "MBUS" but whatever it is I didn't get it. Lol.

The sling is the MS3. I'm getting a MS2 for mine, but they're more or less the same sling.

MBUS stands for Magpul Back Up Sights. They're just Magpul's flip up sights.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
The sling is the MS3. I'm getting a MS2 for mine, but they're more or less the same sling.

MBUS stands for Magpul Back Up Sights. They're just Magpul's flip up sights.

-Fred
Are you going to be wearing the sling for extended periods of time? If you are you may want to take a closer look at the Magpul sling.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #10

I know it's thin and can get uncomfortable, but I really like how quick all your transitions can be. I've used two points before, and while they are nice for comfort and stability, I wanna give a single point a try, and I like the adaptability of the Magpul. My girlfriend is getting it for me for Christmas, so I'm not actually spending anything on it, and if I don't like it I'll just sell it and buy a VCAS.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"